Aprilaire 800 Humidifier + EcoBee Wiring Help Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

JRowley

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just installed an Aprilaire 800 steam humidifier (ran 240v into it), and I'm confused on how exactly to wire it to my EcoBee 3 on the upper level.

My Lenox ML193UH (single stage, I think) furnace's control board has a "HUM" terminal listed as "120vac". See the diagram provided below (it's on the upper left, currently capped off in the picture I took). Otherwise, there's the R/C/W/Y/G connections at the bottom (also shown in the picture provided).

I've seen some people use a relay, so I purchased a 6AUZ2 relay just in case. I'm also supplying a picture of the Ecobee's terminals.

My questions:
1) What kind of wire do I use from the humidifier to the control board?
2) What kind of wire do I use from the ecobee to the control board?
3) Where do I connect/hook those wires into?

Thank you!

9FvDCFG.png

BmCR2zd.jpg

jzaAARp.jpg

1O03IyH.jpg

Stuff

Reaction score
The HUM terminal on the furnace gives 120v when heat is on. Not really useful for most applications.
Get a 18/2 thermostat cable and connect the ACC+ and ACC- to the Aprilaire 800's humidistat terminals.
If you have a single wire to the Ecobee (brown wire?) then connect it to the ACC+ terminal. Use that and a C connection to drive the relay's coil. Connect relay's common and n/o terminals to the 800's' humidistat terminals.