Anyone have an ABS p-trap plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kimster

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am tearing my hair out trying to find a threaded plug for a 1.5 inch ABS p-trap cleanout. It is not a cap, like newer plumbing and I can only find one available for a 1.25 inch p-trap.

Does anyone have one of these things, kicking around in some shed or garage, they can send me? I'd be happy to etransfer cash for the plug or the whole ABS p-trap. I am in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.

I over-torqued the one I had and it broke. I notched the base of what was left so I could reinstall, but even with teflon tape, it leaks a bit because there is no gasket at the base. I'd prefer not to have to redo the kitchen waste lines.

This is what I'm looking for, but for 1.5 inch p-trap:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...WAGq3e1HgaApXREALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#store=345

Thanks!
Kim

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've never seen one on a kitchen sink drain. It would be quicker to cut out what you have and replace it.
Normally when I'm working under a sink, I have new parts on the truck anyway. I like new stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks