alternate good flush

Users who are viewing this thread

lowercanada

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight into why an older, low flow toilet would alternately do a complete flush, and then an incomplete flush?
The toilet is an older bolt on tank type, and it's possible I've replaced the flapper and fill tube assembly with one that is shorter than it should (or could) be over the years. There are maker's codes in the porcelain, but no name stencil.
In the past I've drained the bowl, used a strong acid based cleanser and manually cleaned as best I could the inlets and trap-way, and it's improved the flush, but I confess to being mystified at the inconsistent behavior, so I though I might put it out for comment......
TIA.....

Fitter30

Reaction score
Shorter tube is less water in tank. Needs to be taller. Piece of tubing to fit over tube could raise the level . Gel type toilet bowl cleaner raise flapper pour some in watch that it comes out all the rim holes. Let sit for 4 hours to let it work on the minerals.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks