Advise for AC condenser outdoor unit on high-rise

Users who are viewing this thread

Peak

Reaction score
I'm on the 9th floor of the exterior masonry building 17 floor. No balcony, only fire escape.
I want to install multi-zone mini split system. I will probably use Fujitsu because they have the smallest condenser outdoor unit.

The only resource I can find on the internet is from a company in NY where they installed the condenser on window ledge.

Should I give up on this project and stick to window a/c ?

902_9th_floor.jpeg 902_Exterior_kitchen_wall.jpeg

Fitter30

Reaction score
Dealing with a company that has done this work before and is used to working in a hi rise is a plus. Do you pay your own electric.? The reason i ask minis are energy efficient, quiet but i can see service expensive. In downtown st. louis company i work for has done alot of buildings that were factories or office buildings that have been converted to lofts have water source heat pumps. Heat pumps in each apartment and can have either heat or air anytime.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks