Adding half bath to laundry room help

Users who are viewing this thread

Joshua R McCormack

Reaction score
As noted in the title we would like to add a half bath to our existing laundry room. We are on a concrete slab foundation and the other 2 baths with the main drain is on the opposite site of the house. Based on that I think a traditional toilet is out of the question as we would have to run new 4 inch pipe all the way to the other side of the house somehow.

I think a saniflo or qwik jon macerator system would work for us but not sure I understand how that drainage would be plumbed either. Could I tie into the vertical drain that the washing machine drains into? If not, I believe there is a stack vent on this side of the house that runs up through through the wall into the attic and then exits the roof. Could we tie into that in the wall? The instructions mention tying into the sewer stack but I don't know what that means vs the vent stack or if they are the same thing? If neither of those are an option how do I hook this thing up? Do I have to cut the concrete and tie it into the underground drain from the washing machine that runs across to the main drain?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think the macerator needs to pump into a minimum size drain line . and that minimum is likely 3 inch but its your job to check that with the manufacture

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks