AC wont kick on

Users who are viewing this thread

Kvothe

Reaction score
I have a ducted electric split system and the AC just stopped working. I made no changes to thermostats, etc and ensured the batteries are new and that its set to cool at a lower temp. The blower turns on if I put it in the On position but not in auto. The run capacitor in the outdoor unit tested bad so I replaced it. What are the possible problems that I need to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Stuff

Reaction score
When is the last time you had the system serviced? Possible that it just needs cleaned

Sometimes thermostats fail. Try twisting the R, G, and Y together (add O if heat pump). That should turn cooling on.
Otherwise might be bad wire. Possible but not likely condensate overflow switch tripped.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks