6-month-old well suddenly pulling sediment and cloudy water

Users who are viewing this thread

GTOwagon

Reaction score
I am just reading this now and laughing about the spinning nail clippers and the fact that you don't give off good electricity. Ok, here is what I think. I think you need an independent good water test. Also I think chlorine injection followed by a contact tank with a port on the bottom, and then the water running out of that to a backflushing ag-birm style sediment filter, followed by a backflusing Carbon filter, followed by a softener is what you need. I think you have turbidity. If you had clay, the suspended sediments wouldn't be settling to the bottom of the toilet bowl, they would stay suspended and furthermore the one micron filter wouldn't be curing it anyway. Once the chlorine hits that water, the Iron, turbidity and whatever else, including sulphuric will oxidize and flocculate, and settle to the bottom of the contact tank, and what is suspended still will get trapped in the ag-birm filter and the chlorine will get neutralized in the Carbon filter. The soften will clear up excess hardness if you feel or it tests too high. I thought it said 3 grains so that isn't very high. But 65 is. Now Ditto and the rest would tell you the exact equipment you need. But this is everything I can figure out from what you are saying. The allum coagulant is probably NOT NEEDED. The salesmen love to sell those to people with turbid water. Plumbers who know how to handle these pumps and valves can set your pump up so it doesn't over pump and stir up sour well, too. Ask those professionals.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks