3/8 cold line feeding 3/8 and two 1/4 lines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Snoqvalley2013

Reaction score
Hello,

Is a setup like this acceptable, having two attached 3/8 x 1/4 tees side by side? One is feeding a refrigerator and the other an above the sink water filter.

I am mainly curious if this is sound in terms of dependability, code, etc., but also if a 3/8 potable line is enough to feed a 3/8 and two 1/4 water lines? It’s been in there a few months with no issues yet.

water pressure is adequate off all 3 lines.

upload_2021-9-29_7-57-26.jpeg

Is something like this really a better option or negligible:

upload_2021-9-29_8-7-15.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-29_8-5-6.jpeg
    upload_2021-9-29_8-5-6.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 93

Reach4

Reaction score

Snoqvalley2013

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yeah those split lines go to a water filter and the refrigerator /ice maker. Good point about avoiding kinks, but if they are just sitting there should be fine as long as no one fiddles with it. Agreed, other valves would work better, but may not be mandatory.

Mostly, I was just looking to hear that this isn’t absurd and doesn’t need to be fixed ASAP :).

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I always prefer 2 valves . don't like your set up but its ok if you at least turned fitting as mentioned by other posts. Also I'm not crazy about what I'm guessing is dishwasher line I'd go with braided rather than the white plastic. I'd think about replacing that line

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The lower takeoff looks like it is the most likely to kink. You can probably turn that assembly enough to overcome it.

Some prefer plastic piping to their frig...I opted for soft copper. So I could pull the frig out without issues with kinking the soft copper, I left a loop of the tubing behind the frig about 5' in diameter. Now, today, the cost of copper is fairly high, but the copper doesn't age like a plastic pipe can.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks