3/4 bath size

Users who are viewing this thread

bird8904

Reaction score
Anyone know the minimum size for a .75 bathroom in NC? I have to offset a wall to bring my main stack up from the basement to the main level and its gonna work out to 55.75 inches wide. The length will be 7'6". I think I'm ok, just want to get some confirmation since I can't change it once the concrete is in.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Using finished dimensions (after wall board, tile, etc):

The shower compartment needs to be at least 30" in each dimension. And the WC needs at least 30" in width, although 32" or 36" is better. If 90" is a finished length, that leaves at most 30" for the vanity and for whatever thickness is taken up by the shower enclosure and curb. Seems like you could fit a 24" vanity and have 2-4" for the curb and 2-4" extra for the WC.

On the 55.75" width, presumably finished, the WC needs at least 21" clear in front of the bowl. So you'll have to pay attention when choosing a WC to how far the bowl sticks out from the wall behind it. 24" clear would be nicer, and you should not have trouble finding a WC that stick out 31" or less.

Also, the shower door is required to open sufficiently to provide a 22" clear opening. If the shower door swings, rather than bypass, I'm not sure if it is required to swing outward, but that would be best practice for emergency access (someone collapses in the shower). So if the shower door swings outward, you'll have to be sure it adequately clears the adjacent WC or vanity.

Cheers, Wayne

bird8904

Reaction score
Thank you Wayne, those are good points. It's just gonna be a basement bathroom and will prob rarely even be used, 24" Vanity is what i was figuring on also. Maybe i'll just put a shelf on the adjacent wall and you can prop your feet up while you poop..haha.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks