20ft well, jet pump, water turns muddy at low pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Allensokos

Reaction score
Rather than drawing water at the tub, try an outside hose bib or two that bypasses most of the house plumbing, As Cary said, it sometimes takes hours or days to get the well clean.
I got the outside faucet and the tub running since it seems like the pump keeps building pressure back up with just the outside faucet running and shuts off. The pumps pretty close to the shower so I'm not very worried about that. It's looking much much cleaner now I'll keep running. I cleaned out all that dirt from that picture and haven't gotten much more build up after that so it's definitely getting better. I'll shutoff the bathroom faucet if you think it's best and just run the outside spicket

Allensokos

Reaction score
My worry is of overloading a septic system if you are not on a municipal sewer system. A garden hose or two can be directed into a ditch.
Took your advice been running just the outside spicket. Found out the inside valve was only half open so pumps been running full blast now. No more mud just a bit of cloudiness and black fine sand or rocks not sure what it is. Haven't had water this clean at all living here. Still running as I type this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks