2” PVC drain re-glue?

Users who are viewing this thread

sagibson

Reaction score
A few years ago I had a plumbing company do a $20k job for me that included sewer hookup, setting a tub, replacing several drain lines, and a couple other small things. Last week I found that the joint on a 45 in one of the drains is dripping. I was going to have a different plumber fix it but he stood me up when I took off work. He apologized that night for messing his schedule up. I get it, stuff happens. This should be a fairly easy task so I want to do it myself this weekend.

It’s a 3’ section of 2” PVC with a 45 down to a 1’ section then into a Wye. When I cut the PVC the leaking joint was loose 3/4 the way around and only took a slight twist to come free from the 1’ section.

My Question: If I clean the end of the 1’ piece that had the bad glue joint can I reglue a new 45 in and assemble back to where I cut and join the cut location with a rubber boot. Will the glue make a good joint on the reused pipe if it was previously poorly glued?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks