2 5/8" Opening for 2' Toilet Flush Valve??

Users who are viewing this thread

Beerski

Reaction score
Hi.
I have a leaky flush valve gasket on a toilet we've had leak-free for 30 years. I've fixed these on other toilets before without problem, but I can't get a new gasket (rubber between valve base and toilet) to seal. I've tried a combination of two beveled gaskets on two different flush valves. No go. All combinations leak. No cracks in toilet...no leakage at mounting bolts.
I do note that opening through the tank for valve actually measures 2 5/8" in diameter. The valve is very loose in the opening.
Is this right?
Should I be using a 3" valve? (not sure the actual opening size required. Is the diameter measured at the valve seat).
Is there such a thing as a 2 1/2" flush valve?
Ideas?
Thanks,
Beerski

Beerski

Reaction score
What brand and model of toilet? Can you post a picture 1000 pixels or less.
Hi Terry.
Sorry for not getting back to you on this one. I never received an email advisory, but should have checked in anyway.
After mulling this over we have decided to put in a new TOTO toilet. What was vexing with the old toilet was the fact that the flush valve hole in the toilet tank was literally oval shaped. Never saw that before. Er go,we have a new toilet.
Thanks,
Beerski

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks