12" Unifit trapway out is 1.75" for my Toto Aquila IV. Should I be concerned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Madcaudex

Reaction score
Just purchased a Toto Aquila IV toilet MS446 with a 12" Unifit Rough-In adapter TSU48.12. Noticed the trapway hole diameter on the bottom of the Unifit seems ultra small at 1.75”. Should I be concerned? Anyone have experience with this model? Thank you.

View attachment 96201

Movnmik

Reaction score
I actualy have this same question. Going to be installing Aquia IV and using the TSU48.10 as my initial rough was 12 but now at 11.
Looking at the underside it seems a bit small. I'm sure it was sized this way to increase water velocity while reducing water but I'm wondering if anyone has issues with clogs.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just purchased a Toto Aquila IV toilet MS446 with a 12" Unifit Rough-In adapter TSU48.12. Noticed the trapway hole diameter on the bottom of the Unifit seems ultra small at 1.75”. Should I be concerned? Anyone have experience with this model? Thank you.

View attachment 96201
I just measured the trap adapter from a Toto Aquia, Toto Neorest and a Kohler Corbelle. Both measure 2 to 2-1/8th inches in diameter. In the hundreds that we've installed I've never had a reason to believe they are too small of diameter. Similar results from 2 large manufactures.

Madcaudex

Reaction score
I actualy have this same question. Going to be installing Aquia IV and using the TSU48.10 as my initial rough was 12 but now at 11.
Looking at the underside it seems a bit small. I'm sure it was sized this way to increase water velocity while reducing water but I'm wondering if anyone has issues with clogs.
Regarding the small trap hole inner diameter, I believe you’re right with increased water velocity. I wished they would have more information on their website regarding why they went smaller. Anyways, it’s been 11 days since installation and so far so good. No clogging and everything flushes well. Good luck with your install.

Eye-Beam

Reaction score
Regarding the small trap hole inner diameter, I believe you’re right with increased water velocity. I wished they would have more information on their website regarding why they went smaller. Anyways, it’s been 11 days since installation and so far so good. No clogging and everything flushes well. Good luck with your install.
How are you liking the Aquia 446? That one has the Dynamax Tornado flush right? Is it flushing well and keeping the bowl clean? I purchased one and am still having doubts based on some people here complaining about the Dynamax Tornado flushing.

Madcaudex

Reaction score
So far I'm still loving it. The Dynamax Tornado flush seems to be performing well. No issues with flushing and the bowl is keeping clean way better than my two Kohler's in my other bathroom. The only design that I didn't care for is the separately sold seat. It doesn't seem as secured as other seats.

Eye-Beam

Reaction score
So far I'm still loving it. The Dynamax Tornado flush seems to be performing well. No issues with flushing and the bowl is keeping clean way better than my two Kohler's in my other bathroom. The only design that I didn't care for is the separately sold seat. It doesn't seem as secured as other seats.
Thank you for the quick reply! That is reassuring. Do you have the exact model of the one you have? There's a bunch of different variations among the 446, and the one I ordered is MS446124CEM(G)N#1. Curious which one you have....

Madcaudex

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply! That is reassuring. Do you have the exact model of the one you have? There's a bunch of different variations among the 446, and the one I ordered is MS446124CEM(G)N#1. Curious which one you have....
No problem. I have Model #: CST446CEMFGN-01

Eye-Beam

Reaction score
Right on. I think thats the universal height (sans seat) version of the one I got. I got the standard height with seat since we're on the shorter side. Should be installed in about a week.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks