Search results

1. Colchicine

Resin discharged during regen

I took this picture before knowing I would be posting it on a forum and getting… critiques. The house is on a slab, and the photo was taken before I cleared out the dried leaves and weeds that were clogging the channel that drain the water away.
  2. Colchicine

Resin discharged during regen

I have a new AQUASURE Harmony 48,000 Grain Fine Mesh Water Softener. Each of the three times it has regenerated there has been resin at the discharge. I didn't think much of it when it was new, but now that it is three months old I would expect this to no longer be occurring. What is the cause...
  3. Colchicine

Appropriate base for softener tanks?

Thanks everyone for helping. I did go with 2x6 sides and shower pan liner. Although I spent more time trying to make this pan than I did installing the new water softener, I think it turned out okay. It's not as professional looking as I would prefer, but I'm telling you- dealing with a 6 ft...
  4. Colchicine

Yeah, I'm not seeing at Home Depot or Lowes that would be small enough for this. I think I've wasted everyone's time who have read this. I'm really thinking a simple shower liner pan liner and 2x4s will be simple and cheap enough for this purpose.
  5. Colchicine

For some reason I feel compelled to to install my water softener resin and salt tub on some sort of base. I'm getting a 10x54 with separate salt tub. Installing it in a closet that is only 29" wide. The water supply line is on the floor on one side and cuts the available floor space down by ~4...
  6. Colchicine

Question about needing a prefilter

I know this is an old thread but for the sake the archives and others that might find this... Just yesterday I was looking at Sharkbite fittings and came across a flexible hose and ball valve combo. Read the top review...
  7. Colchicine

Sizing water softener - I'm exhausted by all the research.

Good to know about the Manganese! Should a GAC filter be before or after the softener? 1) Unfortunately, all instructions I see are for submersible pumps, but I have a jet pump. 2) Sulfates were not detected! When I do install a water softener I plan to clean out the water heater and...
  8. Colchicine

Sizing water softener - I'm exhausted by all the research.

Back story- bought a house in April that isn't what I wanted, but nothing else was left. It had hardly any updates and I've had to work on it nearly everyday I'm home. After spending over $15,000 on the house so far and doing most all of the work myself, I'm exhausted with all the research...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks