Search results

1. AaronB

Well Head Spigot Has Me Stumped

Either way. That's a whole avenue I never considered. Definitely what I'll do. Just tap the ID of anything that'll fit. Perfect.
  2. AaronB

Damn! Yessir. That's the ticket! Thanks!!
  3. AaronB

I have had them in for quite a while. I have a 20 Mic on everything and a 5 Mic before the new 50g HPWH I put in a few months ago which, by the way, is absolutely fantastic. Quiet, super cheap to run, and handles our family of 3 just fine.
  4. AaronB

Correct. The sulphur eliminator only filters the water from the well head spigot to the misting nozzle. I am using a little blue 2gph nozzle with 1/8 male NPT threads that I got at our local Co-op. Chicken houses are big here and they use them to keep birds cool in summer. I threaded that into...
  5. AaronB

I did and I plan on adding a filter. I didn't want to just come out and say that. Didn't want to stir anything up on this mesaage board....
  6. AaronB

The threaded hole in the well seal.
  7. AaronB

It's been about 48 hours and the smell is completely gone. Going to give it a week and then try the 1gph nozzle and see what happens.
  8. AaronB

I just realized what this says. I sure like the idea of pushing plastic in through the old copper. Probably the thing do when the next leak occurs.
  9. AaronB

All check valves removed and aerator works great. We will see about the smell. Thank you Reach4 and Valveman for you help.
  10. AaronB

1 1/4 Copper from well to house. But I had to fix it at the well pit collar earlier this year. Tree root. It's 58 years old so it's going to spring a bad leak sooner than later. That's another reason I don't want these check valves in the system, if it's under constant pressure at least I'll get...
  11. AaronB

Don't disagree but I have to drive 2 hr round trip to get that and would have to basically replumb the entire pressure tank set up. I think one day I will rent an excavator and replace everything to plastic from well head to house plumbing but for now, just going to replace like with like.
  12. AaronB

I don't have a bleeder down hole. Everything in the well casing replaced in April. The mister is 2 gpHour, not gpm so 48 gallons a day doesn't worry me as far as pump cycling. If the 2gph works, I plan on going to a 1 gph and see what happens. I'm pulling out the old snifter valve/check...
  13. AaronB

Thanks for all the help Reach4, I really appreciate it! Now I just cross fingers that I don't develop a leak in the line from the well to the house. Old copper...
  14. AaronB

Understand covering the snifter with a tire cap or replacing with a pipe plug, BUT there's also a spring or swing check valve in that fitting body, right? That's what is keeping pressure off the other side of the pressure tank? Simply deactivating the snifter will not solve the check valve...
  15. AaronB

Once in a while I'll get air and I suspect it's this valve. It's all making sense now. You're saying there's another check valve behind the snifter/schrader valve that needs to get gone. It is in a pit. And "sealed" is relative, correct. It doesn't get water in it but I installed a UV light to...
  16. AaronB

Not sure what you mean by "leak down the hole." If you mean a leak in the downpipe to the pump, then no. That was all replaced in April this year. New wire, Gould pump, and 200lb black line. I went through a complete sanitizing procedure similar to yours shortly after the new pump. Worked for a...
  17. AaronB

This is my first post here, but I have been reading these Terry Love forums and learning from them for a very long time. This is an excellent place for good info and has saved me countless dollars and hours. That said, I am at my wits end with this. I'll try to keep it short. I have a sulphur...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks