Search results

1. Chad78

PEX brass fitting corrosion

We do not see any blue-green stains. We had the standard well water tests mandated by VA. Coliform, E-coli, Lead, nitrates, and nitrites. Not PH. I've tested well water multiple times for PH using pool tester, and come up with about 6.5-6.6.
  2. Chad78

That is true, water is between 7 to 8 gpg. We do have a water softener, of course that is down stream of this particular fitting and all others that I've replaced. I'm going to hold on to that theory that everything downstream of the softener is probably in great condition, I like that! Is it...
  3. Chad78

We bought our home last August. One of my current worries is the water piping. The home is 10 years old, well water, PEX piping with brass fittings. Not even a few months after we moved in, we had our first leak, was a pinhole leak in the first 90 degree brass elbow fitting where the well...
  4. Chad78

Mystery valve - what is it?

Thanks Fitter. Drained a few 5 Gallon buckets using a garden hose and got a few good small pebbles, and greenish scale stuff. Flowed out at a pretty good rate filling a 5 gallon bucket in about 15 seconds. Do you think that would be sufficient to flush out any and all particles caught in the...
  5. Chad78

Mystery valve - what is it?

Hi all. I'm looking for some help identifying the purpose and function of a valve in garage. I've attached the picture. I'm a complete novice, but it looks similar to a backflow preventer... maybe a filter of sorts with the drain port? In case any extra info is helpful... this valve is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks