Search results

1. Jefrf

Delta R22000 Pipe size for two heads

Thanks, Terry. How about my question of the sideways drop-ear elbow? I've seen several videos of Youtube from pro plumbers putting in diverters showing them with the elbow coming in from horizontal, but I don't necessarily copy everything I see on Youtube.
  2. Jefrf

Delta R22000 Pipe size for two heads

I'm a pretty experienced remodeler helping my neighbor rough in a Delta Multichoice 22000 valve. The plan is to have a normal wall mounted showerhead and then a body sprayer which slides up and down on a vertical bar. The trim allows for three settings: shower, body sprayer, or both. The...
  3. Jefrf

Two half-inch supply lines to same fixture

I was helping my neighbor replace a vanity in a bathroom and I sent him to shut off water to the sink. Everything he tried at the PEX manifold did not shut off the sink lines! Finally he closed two valves, one of which was not labeled, and it finally worked. Once I followed the to lines from...
  4. Jefrf

Can I run new 1.5" line into 3" clean-out location?

Thanks MASTERPLUMB777. One thing that concerns me is your suggestion of a metal bushing to transition down from 3" to 2". Since the plastic will be female threads, I'll need to put a stronger metal male thread into weaker female plastic. I've heard often that this can lead to breaking or...
  5. Jefrf

Sylvan, I left out some of the other detail that I didn't think mattered. I had professional plumbers run the drain for this kitchen in 2004, which was in a new addition over a crawl space. They ran 11/2" from the new sink over to where the old kitchen sink drained into the basement floor...
  6. Jefrf

My kitchen sink tends to back up because the line runs into original pipe (built in 1942) below the concrete basement floor. I snake it occasionally but it still gets slow. Who knows how much gunk has built up over 80 years or what the integrity of the metal pipe even is at this point! This...
  7. Jefrf

Brass fitting split causing leak-can I avoid this?

I was going from 1/2 inch PEX to a bar sink faucet which had 1/4 -inch steel braided hoses already integrated. So this was reducing 1/2-inch down to 1/4" compression.
  8. Jefrf

Brass fitting split causing leak-can I avoid this?

I'm a part time general remodeler. I had a call back from a kitchen remodel from about 2.5 years ago. A brass reducing fitting under the island was partly split in its thinnest part (center of face of the hexagon) and water sprayed. Still waiting to hear what insurance company says. Luckily...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks