Search results

1. Patflemming

Tying into existing drain line - Venting question

I am trying into a bath and lav drain line and installing a diverter valve to allow me to choose between sending water towards the sewer or to my grey water system. I want to make sure I am choosing the proper location to tie into. I'm thinking of installing the valve after the bath/shower and...
  2. Patflemming

Standpipe height

I know that the IPC states that the standpipe must be Not less than 18" but not greater than 42" above the trap. Does the height of the standpipe compared to the height of the washer matter? In other words, can the standpipe be lower than the top of the washer, provided it's more than 18" above...
  3. Patflemming

Need advice on septic drain field

I have a 25 year old septic tank. No major issues to report to date, the wall levels are consistent, no back ups, etc. However, the grass is Very lush and green over the drain field compared to the rest of the yard. I dug up a few test holes to inspect what was going on. When I reached the...
  4. Patflemming

Opinions on globe valves?

I was originally going to use a flow control valve to reduce GPM on my main supply line from my well pump (long story). Someone recommended that I consider a globe valve since it's adjustable. I've read a lot of bad reviews on these types of.valves, mostly about how they leak. Since I'll never...
  5. Patflemming

Why are my fittings leaking?!

I've installed some poly pipe for some irrigation. I've doubled up the hose clamps at every fitting and tighten the bejesus out of them. They are all producing a very slow drip. What am I doing wrong? They won't tighten any more and I've push each fitting all the way in. Are there more...
  6. Patflemming

Questions on installing timer switch

I have three 1-way light switches and one bathroom fan switch in the same 4 gang electrical box. I want to replace the regular fan switch with a timer switch. There seems to be a hot wire running from switch to switch. Do I disconnect this wire and install the new timer switch? There is a...