Search results

1. Chezmike

Help! Problems flushing toto

I run a construction business so understand the value of my time. I don’t want to store the tool, and hopefully won’t need it again.
  2. Chezmike

Rented a 3’ auger for $14 instead of buying for $50. Messed around until something cleared. Plastic toy or something like that does seem likely. Hopefully I didn’t scratch the poop out of my toilet! Thanks for the advice.
  3. Chezmike

Toilet got clogged, plunged and plunged and got it so that water could drain. BUT.. the bowl fills up and then drains super slowly. Any ideas what the culprit/solution will be? Video
  4. Chezmike

La Torre faucet, stiff lever

I can’t figure out how to remove the chrome trim to take a better look at the cartridge. It it very stuck! Again, any advice appreciated. https://photos.app.goo.gl/JkSotWMovKE3MEcd6
  5. Chezmike

La Torre faucet, stiff lever

I used some chrome cleaner on my la torre single hole bathroom faucet, and the next day the lever was super stiff. It still works and there are no leaks or drips, but it’s annoying. Any idea what could have caused this? Any ideas what could fix it? A replacement k35b cartridge is $70 cad, and...
  6. Chezmike

Washlet+ Hole Aquia IV

Called seller. They don’t have the non-washlet version. I believe the brondell seat will cover the hole, and I’m sure the Toto regular seat will. I’d consider the Toto washlet but the price of tankless is very very high. After all this research it’s one of the shortest elongated toilets and has...
  7. Chezmike

Washlet+ Hole Aquia IV

I picked up my new Aquia IV and it unexpectedly has the Washlet hole. I think this means I’ll have a hard time using any seat except Toto. Is this correct or incorrect? I am planning to add a Brondell washlet that I got on sale but the line runs off the side. Is there some way to cover the...
  8. Chezmike

Vespin II vs Aquia IV

Update - drake II and aquia iv both $500. (Cdn) I am adding a swash 1000 bidet which seems to work with both but easier with a non-skirted I think. Does it matter which I buy? If I buy a t-valve do I need the brondell branded one or will anything do? Edit: looking back at this chain AND...
  9. Chezmike

Offset closet flange

Hi, Plumber added an offset flange to move my toilet a couple of inches to the left. Will this pose any concern installing Toto? Still debating between Aquia iv and Vespin II.
  10. Chezmike

Drain pan for steam generator - needed?

hi, putting in a steam unit. Is the condensation/drain pan recommended or needed? Contractor says it’s up to me - and I have no idea!
  11. Chezmike

Vespin II vs Aquia IV

Does one flush and/or stay cleaner than the other? I gather Vespin II has a larger water spot. Also does the fact that the toilet is in the basement have any bearing on the toilet that is most suitable?
  12. Chezmike

Vespin II vs Aquia IV

hello, I am installing a new toilet in the basement, and will add a washlet. How do these two toilets compare? I believe the Vespin II is the skirted version of the Drake II which is highly recommended on this site. Locally the Vespin II is much more expensive than the Aquia IV. On Toto’s...
  13. Chezmike

Reco needed - Toilet for basement bathroom

Hi, Looking for advice! Putting in a basement bathroom (with a steam room). There is not a ton of space for the toilet front to back, and I am looking for a comfort height, elongated toilet, to which I will add a washlet. So far I have found the following choices that are within budget. (CAD$)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks