Search results

1. Manuel Angel Batrez

Adding a Shutoff Valve to a Water Heater

Just to put everybody mind at ease, I used this one: Oatey Great White Sealant'
  2. Manuel Angel Batrez

Reach4 I couldn't find the "3/4" MIP x FIP Full Port Forged Brass Ball Valve" at Lowe's, so I got a FIP xFIP instead. That's why i'm using the Male x male nipple.
  3. Manuel Angel Batrez

Thank you so much, I wanted to do it right and not use that copper coupling. As far as the nipple, just thread it with teflon and I will be okay right? I already hooked up the gas line and use sealant "putty". Can i use it on the nipples as well instead of teflon?
  4. Manuel Angel Batrez

***Update*** Should have been a quick install but unfortunately the threads on the plastic 3/4 male that was going to screw in the "3/4" MIP x FIP Full Port Forged Brass Ball Valve" was messed up. So I cut it off. I was going to use the copper couping to 3/4 Mip that came with the hose kit...
  5. Manuel Angel Batrez

Thank You so much. I knew there was an easy fix, i just couldn't find it online. Next question, what kind of water heater connector should I use. Should I stick with the copper line or with a steel one?
  6. Manuel Angel Batrez

I currently have a PVC Sch 40 Ball Valve as the shutoff of cold water into my water heater. I'm afraid of breaking it everytime I try to shut it off. I need to use a wrench to fully close it. I was wondering if there was a way to install a new shutoff valve "down the line". The current Ball...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks