Search results

1. Rona1d

Adding a utility sink to basement laundry- how does this design look?

Some of the ABS joints are leaking and I would like to use this as an opportunity replace them and add a utility sink. My concern is that the cast iron floor drain sticks up with a lead and oakum joint with ABS sticking out of it. It then goes to two 45's (or 22.5's) to get the floor drain to...
  2. Rona1d

Can someone tell me what kind of shower drain I am looking at?

I tried to upload the photos directly into this thread but it kept saying the file was too big. I have never changed a shower stall drain before. The drain leaks and I have access from underneath so I want to change it out. Is there anyway to change it without cutting the pipe? I thought they...
  3. Rona1d

Air injection iron filter causes sputtering from faucet

if I push on the shrader valve while the system is not regenerating, should air come out?
  4. Rona1d

So when the system was installed by a professional, about two years ago, there was no sputtering from my faucet. So it is a new occurance. What could have changed inside of the valve head to now cause sputtering?
  5. Rona1d

how would air be drawn into the system after regeneration?
  6. Rona1d

i am noticing it is worse right after the system recharges. if I push on the needle in the shrader valve while it is recharging, should water come out?
  7. Rona1d

I have an air eductor iron filter system along with an acid neutralizer and a water softener. For the past few weeks my faucets have been sputtering as soon as you turn the water on. This is a new occurance. The only part where air could be introduced into the plumbing is the air eductor. I...
  8. Rona1d

Anyone have a parts list of everything inside of an acid neutralizer tank with a 5600 sxt head??

what size gravel? is the riser tube, bottom basket and upper basket usually a universal size?
  9. Rona1d

Anyone have a parts list of everything inside of an acid neutralizer tank with a 5600 sxt head??

I know there is a basket, and a tube, and something at the bottom - is there anything else? Anyone have links online? I have diagnosed my issue to something inside of the tank and I am going to dump everything out and start over.
  10. Rona1d

Low water pressure after adding calcite to acid neutralizer

im trying to upload pictures but it says the files are too big, right now it is in bypass and the pressure is normal. i dont see how it could have clogged the dip tube since i just poured it in through the hole
  11. Rona1d

Low water pressure after adding calcite to acid neutralizer

I am watching some videos and I did not slowly refill the tank with water- I just closed it up and then backwashed. I have a feeling something is clogged. any tips on how to check?
  12. Rona1d

Water softener brine reservoir not changign during backwash

I have an email out to Fleck. I am going to see if the heads have any kind of warranty and if I can buy one, install it, and then when it come ship the old one to them for some kind of deposit. I have sent the county a request for the "well completion report". I am also going to take a water...
  13. Rona1d

Water softener brine reservoir not changign during backwash

I am still troubleshooting my water. I am now convinced that either there is iron reducing bacteria in my well itself, or that there is something wrong with my 5600 sxt valve head. I watched the water level in the brine reservoir (the 6" diameter tube surrounded by salt) and it did not lower...
  14. Rona1d

How quickly can new resin foul up?

Everything was fine until the hot water started to smell like sulphur. so I did a bleach hydrogen peroxide soak and now everything is sound for now. I will get a water test and post the results and may go for the powered anode for peace of mind.
  15. Rona1d

I did which is why I changed the anode in the first place. I saw that the aluminum magnesium zinc ones take care of the smell so I bought one to switch out anode that came with it. turns out the anode was long gone based on there being nothing left. so it has probably been eating my pipes or the...
  16. Rona1d

alright so less than two years ago my hot water heater in the house i just bought rusted out. took it back to home depot and was told it was less than 2 years old too. took the anode out today and replaced with with a zinc magnesium one. the rod i took out is almost gone. so why am i going...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks