Search results

1. Joel Schoenborn

Choosing the right thermostat

I am the installer. It has been awhile since I have been in the field I am not real current with communicating systems. Will this thermostat control both stages of the heat pump and both stages of the furnace. I did look into the ctk04. It looks identical to the Honeywell prestige 2.0. do...
  2. Joel Schoenborn

Goodman makes an all fuel control board (afe18-60a). If I buy a dual fuel capable thermostat, will I need that board or will the thermostat control the units.
  3. Joel Schoenborn

The heat pump is a Goodman GSZC180241 . The furnace is a Goodman GMVC960403BN
  4. Joel Schoenborn

Its new construction I don't have a thermostat yet. The furnace has a 2 stage gas valve. The heat pump runs until the outside temperature gets low enough it becomes less efficient then a gas furnace runs.
  5. Joel Schoenborn

What type of ventilation equipment to use in mixed humid climate

I live in the Midwest where there is hot hummid summers and cold winters. What do most people do for fresh air ventilation. It is a new construction with a pretty tight envelope.
  6. Joel Schoenborn

I have a dual fual heat pump and gas furnace. The heat pump is a 2 stage unit and the furnace is a 2 stage unit as well. Am I correct in thinking I need a 4 heat and 2 cool stage thermostat. Such as a Honeywell prestige iaq
  7. Joel Schoenborn

Looking to Buy Dual Fuel Heat Pump Online.

I have been looking at the LG multi F system. Is anyone familiar with them? Are they pretty good quality?
  8. Joel Schoenborn

IF I were to use a mini split will they continue to heat in extreme conditions, lets say -10 or below? I realize this does not happen very often in my area, however when it does I really need my heat to work. What brands are the best when it comes to ducted mini splits?
  9. Joel Schoenborn

House is 1400 SQ FT with Full Finished Basement. Basement walls are insulated floor is not. If I were to go with a mini split, would it really matter if it were over-sized a bit, considering they are variable capacity.
  10. Joel Schoenborn

I can get an extra 1000 rebate for using dual fuel. And I am already going to have propane service at my house. Most summers I can buy propane for under $1 a gallon and have enough to last through the winter. But I have considery ducted mini split option as well.
  11. Joel Schoenborn

Thank you stuff for the link. Yes I was just looking at packaged deals.
  12. Joel Schoenborn

I am looking to buy a dual fuel heat pump and propane system online. I need 40000 BTU'S heating and 24,000 Cooling. It also has to be a 2 stage compressor and at least 16 SEER efficiency for a local energy coop rebate. It also needs to be at least 95 percent efficiency furnace. The problem I...
  13. Joel Schoenborn

New Construction finished Basement HVAC System

Dana thank you very much for taking time to read my post and reply. I did use loadcalc.net to run a load calculation. It had my heating load around 35 ,000 to 40,000 btu's. and cooling load around 20,000 to 24,000 depending on fresh air ventilation cfm's. My basement floor slab is not...
  14. Joel Schoenborn

New Construction finished Basement HVAC System

I am in the process of building a new home in southern IL. 1400 sq ft main level and full finished basement. home is 2x6 construction with dense pack cellulose wall insulation and R49 cellulose ceiling insulation. basement walls are insulated with 1/2" foam board and R11 fiberglass. Windows...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks