Search results

1. canadave

Weird kitchen sink blockage--snake not fixing it

Just an amateur homeowner here....I'm stumped trying to clear a kitchen sink blockage, hoping you all might be able to offer a suggestion. Recently we noticed the kitchen sink in our residence (a bungalow) was starting to drain more slowly than usual. Oh well, no big deal, we'll get to it and...
  2. canadave

Kitchen sink leak--help a beginner fix it?

So my wife and I discovered our kitchen sink was spilling water out underneath all over the place. I had a look and discovered the issue. Essentially, the plastic nut that I gather is a "slip joint", which is attached to the piece of plastic pipe coming up from the P-trap, was no longer tightly...
  3. canadave

Would love a professional opinion on whether to buy this Caroma

I've bought a BB-2000 bidet seat that I'm looking to pair with a new toilet (current one is way too small). I'm looking at buying this Caroma Smart 270 one-piece toilet (http://www.caromausa.com/products/index/cu_products/109.php) since it looks like it might fit the BB-2000 perfectly. I've...
  4. canadave

Santa Rosa toilet distance from wall?

I'm considering buying the Santa Rosa toilet, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, distance to wall and height is an issue. I'm good distance-to-wall-wise up until a height of 27 3/4". At that point, there is a 3/4" protrusion from the wall. So any toilet I install needs to either be lower...
  5. canadave

Shopping for new toilet, ADA with low tank

Hi all, please bear with me here, I'm an amateur (and I freely admit it!) I'm looking for recommendations on a good toilet to buy--inexpensive is good, but if there's features that really make a toilet worth buying over its inexpensive brethren, we have the money to do so. Here's the...
  6. canadave

Toilet taking 2, three times to flush?

Hi, The two-piece American Standard toilet in our new (to us) home is relatively new, but seems to flush relatively weakly. When I depress the handle, water fills the bowl to raise the water level, swirls around for a few seconds, then descends and empties the bowl; however, sometimes solids or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks