Search results

1. NickK

Add diverter and body sprays to typical tub/shower combo kit

The 5GPM is almost certainly going to be under-powered. It sounds like you would be really better off spending a little more and getting the higher water pressure. Alternatively, I think you should consider skipping the body sprays entirely. If they don't work well, you will definitely not use...
  2. NickK

Digital Shower Valves - anyone using one?

You might want to consider whether controlling your shower via digital means is really going to work better than just a single handle control. Operating a touch screen or pushing buttons with wet hands doesn't seem like the best user experience. I also have heard that many major brands offer...
  3. NickK

Custom Shower

You are correct that Delta does not make separate thermostatic and volume controls. They have a dual control lever which can adjust the temperature of water and the volume of water separately. In order to control your rain shower and hand shower, you would also need a diverter. Delta has a new...
  4. NickK

Flow rate problems

It sounds like you might greatly benefit from a thermostatic shower cartridge rather than a pressure balanced cartridge. Pressure balanced cartridges regulate water temperature by detecting changes in water pressure. So lets say you flush the toilet. This raises demand on your plumbing system...
  5. NickK

how to add additional wall sprayer to shower faucet

If you want to have body sprays or an additional hand shower you are looking for what is called a shower system. Shower systems typically have a normal on/off mixing valve control handle PLUS a diverter. The diverter is used to send the water to the various peripheral shower spray outlets (such...
  6. NickK

Delta 13, 14, 17 - what's the diff?

When it comes to 13 and 14 series there is basically no difference. These numbers refer to the cartridge included with the trim kit. The 13 and 14 series cartridges are both temperature and pressure balanced. This means as you rotate the handle, the water turns on and quickly reaches its preset...
  7. NickK

Any tips on installing floor-mounted-tub-filler?

I'm not sure about all brands but Delta Freestanding Tub Faucets can be installed on a concrete slab. They have specific installation instructions for how to do this. Take a look at this guide to freestanding tub fillers and scroll down until you see the video. The video shows installation on a...
  8. NickK

Floor mount tub filler

It sounds like you could benefit a lot from reading this buying guide to free standing tub filler. This guide has a lot of information about the difference between expensive and cheap tub faucets. It also has a video showing the installation of a Delta freestanding faucet. You will see how the...
  9. NickK

Floor mount tub filler...

Here's a really good guide that helps explain the differences between an expensive and inexpensive floor mount tub filler. There really are a lot of reasons to be skeptical of anything that is priced too low. If you want to go for something less expensive, a wall mounted tub faucet is the way to...
  10. NickK

Freestanding tub faucet connection advise

Here's a article which has a ton of information on free standing tub faucets. It includes an installation video from Delta shows how to install a freestanding tub faucet. It's a very good resource if you have access to the floor. Under the video is also a link to the Delta installation...
  11. NickK

shower valve -- do i want screwdriver stops?

With stops vs without stops is a pretty common question. In a single family home it likely doesn't matter which you go with. Basically stops let you shut the water off at that individual shower only. This matters if you ever need to make repairs to the valve. Check out this article What is a...
  12. NickK

Delta bath/shower valves "with stops". Not sure if I need "with stops" or not

Hi, I found a very comprehensive article explaining the difference between a shower valve with stops and one without stops. Check it out. Basically stops allow you to shut water off to that individual shower. This makes it so if there is a problem you don't have to shut water off to the whole home.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks