Search results

1. Josee

Cold water shut-off valve off, still dripping from hose

Thank You! I imagine I have to shut-off the main water supply (once I locate it...)? Is it the blue or red part I must change:
  2. Josee

Cold water shut-off valve off, still dripping from hose

I am attempting to replace a powder room faucet which had a drip caused by a cracked cartridge. I shut off the hot+cold water supply under the sink. I still have a steady (every 3-4 seconds) drip from the cold water and its not just what's left in the hose. When I removed the old fixture there...
  3. Josee

Seasonal odor from drains - vent/downdraft?

I don't know if its pertinent but I can confirm that there's water in the shower drain - it's not dry. And I tried every baking soda, vinegar, bleach and pipe cleaner (not together!) but the smell remains or returns as soon as the products clear.
  4. Josee

Seasonal odor from drains - vent/downdraft?

We bought a house 2 years ago, 1975 build on septic. The septic is pumped and checked every 2 years by the town, last pump was summer before last. We've had no obvious septic issues or smells. Since moving in we've done a lot of work making the house more energy efficient and even had our house...
  5. Josee

Stuck U-Pipe slip-nut help

I've given up & cleaned the U-pipe with a bottlebrush dipped in bleach. Will clean the overflow channel by placing rag in drain and filling overflow with bleach/water solution and letting it sit. Then I call an exorcist...
  6. Josee

I cleaned the overflow holes when I removed the stopper & cleaned the pipe through the top of the sink. I have to add that cleaning those holes was a major pain and the amount of black moldy gunk in there was "surprising". It seems like a really stupid design to have water/debris running in such...
  7. Josee

I get movement but since the trap-arm is locking me I can;t lower the tailpiece enough to slip it off. Question: I tried bleach down the sink, also vinegar + baking soda, making sure it sits for a long while but the smell comes back. If I'm stuck all I can think of is trying with a bottle brush...
  8. Josee

Good morning- I am trying to remove the U-pipe under bathroom sink to thoroughly clean it as I think there's something funky going on in there. I've removed the cleanout nut and loosened the tailpiece nut without issue but am unable to remove the U-pipe. I noticed that the slip-nut connected to...
  9. Josee

Toto toilet making bursts of hissing air noise when flushing

Yup, fill valve... My guess is that it was about 10yrs old, which is when the previous owners had done the bathroom. For the $18 I spent replacing the whole thing it was well worth it!
  10. Josee

Ok, problem solved! I changed the Korky flush valve and its back to normal. Guy at hardware store said it sounded like a train accelerating when flushing! Thanks for all your input and ideas.
  11. Josee

They're copper. Everything else is working normally in the house. Am going to plumbing dept. of local hardware and will play them my little video. Will also pick-up a replacement Korky, for that small amount its worth a try.
  12. Josee

Actually, on subsequent tries turning on the sink faucet didn't do much aside from mimic what's going on in the toilet. How are the sink & toilet lines connected?
  13. Josee

Well, there goes my Oscar... Total fluke; my husband turned-on the sink faucet moments after flushing and the water coming out was also *spurty* Not full-on air, but just an odd flow. Its rhythmic though, just like the toilet. I flushed while the sink faucet was on full and it quieted down the...
  14. Josee

Thanks all. Its a Korky 528, white cap. Shot a 20 sec. video of the noise it makes https://www.dropbox.com/s/fiifj1cxxiovuaq/Korky%20valve.mp4?dl=0
  15. Josee

Good morning, Toto toilet started making bursts of hissing air noise when flushing. Was intermittent last week and is now with every flush. Stops making noise when tank is full. Everything else running normally & water level is fine. It sounds like air in the valve but there hasn't been any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks