Search results

1. Ednamae

Hose bibb through stucco skirting wobbles

Thank you! There are a kajillion plumbing thingamajigs so I knew there had to be something. Appreciate your time.
  2. Ednamae

Hose bibb through stucco skirting wobbles

I have a copper pipe and hose bib that pokes through stucco skirting on a pier and beam house. It isn't affixed to anything so it moves when I attach a hose, etc. What is a good way to stabilize the pipe? I was thinking a metal ring/escutcheon glued to the stucco and caulked. Is there a...
  3. Ednamae

New tub and p-trap but tub is slow draining...ideas?

Just installed valve trim on new tub with new PVC p-trap and find the tub drains very slowly. The lavatory and toilet drain just fine. There are a few bubbles coming out of the tub drain. The tub was unused for quite a while so could there be air trapped? Could the vent stack be too clogged...
  4. Ednamae

Why would cast iron vent stack corrode? Rain water?

Thanks in advance. The cast iron vent stack (apparently coming off our 1965 main drain line in the slab with nothing draining into the stack other than perhaps rain water from the roof) is completely rotted through at the bottom in multiple cracks and I assume leaking sewer air into the house...
  5. Ednamae

No unit shutoff in condo- can I add one?

Thanks. Hopefully the water heater solution works for however we are plumbed. My plumber was kind of young and from the suburbs where homes are usually much newer. I think he did mention adding a shutoff at the water heater so I guess I was too fixated on a single shutoff like at my old house .
  6. Ednamae

No unit shutoff in condo- can I add one?

I had a plumber out and he said he couldn't tell if he could install a whole house shutoff for my condo. As it stands, the whole 10 unit property built in 1960’s is shut off at the street. I am unit one and so it may be impossible but it seems odd to have plumbed it that way...used to be an...
  7. Ednamae

Did my plumber solder in my temperature balance anti-scald unit?

Thanks. We are certainly not going to remove what is left of the temperature balance unit because we don't want to damage the valve. It is really in there. But I bought a replacement valve just in case. Oh, well.
  8. Ednamae

Did my plumber solder in my temperature balance anti-scald unit?

I had a new American Standard shower/tub valve installed prior to retiling my tub. After tiling we were installing the trim and the valve leaked. AS sent out a new cartridge and new temperature control unit. We turned the water off and took the cartridge out but the temperature control...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks