Search results

1. DannyDan

Strange toilet leak

Ok maybe not strange and I'm dumb. My Toto Drake toilet was hissing so I purchased a brand new fill valve assembly (TSU99A.X) and replaced it per the instructions. Everything seemed fine until I noticed water is leaking out of the bowl and onto the floor, somehow. I thought perhaps the rubber...
  2. DannyDan

Trim kit not flush with tile

Here I go again with my "luck" picking contractors in California. This is how the plumber installed the escutcheon. As you can see, it is not flush with the tile, and the handle threads are exposed and not screwed all the way in. There's also white caulking all around, even though I specifically...
  3. DannyDan

Foam inside shower valve escutcheon

Our shower was recently remodeled and I purchased a new trim kit to match the existing valve (K-403K). It appears the escutcheon has a foam ring inside which unfortunately is peeling away (see photo). I already contacted Kohler for a replacement, but I'm also curious - what exactly is the...
  4. DannyDan

Mysterious shower leak

A few weeks ago we spotted the drywall in our shower swelling: The home is about 7 years old. We're the original owners and have never experienced this before. One guy told me it's the seal on the door. So I re-siliconed it myself, but problem still persists. Still, I called the builder to...
  5. DannyDan

What could be causing this swelling in the drywall?

If it isn't clear from the photo, this is the outside wall of the shower. According to my moisture meter, it is very wet, so something must still be leaking, I just can't tell what. Could there be a pipe there? Thanks in advance!
  6. DannyDan

What parts do I need to install a new dishwasher?

Just purchased a new Bosch dishwasher. It comes with a standard power cord and I have an outlet below the sink where the old one is connected. So no need for the hard wire madness, I hope. I'm assuming then I would just need a standard dishwasher hose? Any one in particular you recommend? Are...
  7. DannyDan

Possible water leak damaging hardwood

Hello, I've recently noticed what seems to be some changes to the hardwood flooring surrounding my dishwasher and kitchen sink. There is some discoloration and the hardwood seems to have expanded a bit, as can be observed by some pieces not being leveled. I looked under the sink and under the...
  8. DannyDan

New washer gurgling when draining

I just had a new washing machine installed and it's making a gurgling sound when it's draining (the previous one didn't do this). Any idea what could be causing this? Wondering if it's normal, easy fix or whether I should call the installers back...
  9. DannyDan

Very low pressure from kitchen faucet

Started happening very recently. Even worse with hot water. The rest of the house is fine, and we "just" replaced this faucet about 2 years ago. What could be the issue?
  10. DannyDan

Toto Drake valve stuck after each flush

Basically the valve is stuck in the downward position and the water keeps running. A simple flick will push it back up into position and solves the problem, but it's getting tiring and too many of our guests seem to not notice (can't blame them). Is this a simple fix? Btw model number is CST744S...
  11. DannyDan

Visible hole in toilet base

Hi, I just had our toilet replaced with a new Toto Drake and there seems to be a visible hole where the toilet is screwed (attaching photo). Also the cap comes off fairly easily. Did our plumber do a bad job or is this normal?
  12. DannyDan

Toto Drake II making noises, new flapper?

I have a Toto Drake ii (1.28gpf) toilet which was installed roughly 3 years ago. There appears to be some constant sound of flowing water coming from the tank, as if it's always refilling, but I am not noticing any leaks. What could be going on?
  13. DannyDan

Upgrading toilets to Toto

Hi, I currently have in my home these Sterling 402081 (elongated) installed by the builder, which are absolutely horrible at flushing: https://resources.kohler.com/plumbing/sterling/pdf/1110492_4.pdf I would like to get them replaced with the Toto Drake CST744S (also elongated). My only concern...
  14. DannyDan

Toto Drake ii height

Hi, I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. We're looking to replace our current toilet with the Drake II (1.28gpf). I am 5 10" but my wife is only 5 ft tall. I was wondering if the toilet seat might be too high for her, and if so what alternatives would you recommend. Thanks, Danny
  15. DannyDan

New construction - replace toilets?

Hi, We recently moved into a new construction home where the builder installed these toilets: Sterling Windham Toilet 402081 Unfortunately, these toilets have the occasional clog that is quite annoying. We've already changed our "flushing habits" and try to give every guest the awkward "toilet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks