Search results

1. Brihen

Side sprayer replacement

Thanks, that's got to be the one! Faucet and sprayer.
  2. Brihen

Side sprayer replacement

Looking at new faucets, it seems to me that these side sprayers are becoming a thing of the past as they all seem to be going to the pull-out sprayers
  3. Brihen

Side sprayer replacement

Terry here is a pic.
  4. Brihen

Side sprayer replacement

Thanks. We have the same last name, wonder if we are related.
  5. Brihen

Side sprayer replacement

Trying to replace sprayer (black hose). Not sure what make of faucet. Anyone know what type of fitting this is and how to remove and replace? Also, what about just cutting the hose and splicing on a new sprayer that way?
  6. Brihen

First time shower build.

The floor will be a little higher. I think maybe 1/4" I hope a thick or double wax ring will do it. I want to cover the 1.5" t+g with 5/8 pw 1/4 cbu and 1/4 tile. It had 3/4" particle board and vinyl sheeting, over the t+g.
  7. Brihen

First time shower build.

The flange seems to clean up pretty well I think. Most of the rust is inside the pipe, but it is a thick pipe.
  8. Brihen

First time shower build.

OK. I will do that and take some more pics. What would I look for to tell if it is no good?
  9. Brihen

First time shower build.

more pics
  10. Brihen

First time shower build.

Looking at the toilet flange I see what seems to be fairly superficial flakey rust in places, mostly inside the pipe and along the outside edge of the 1/4" flange itself. I do not see any cracks or leaks. Also the two bolts look like they could be reused, but there is some rust where they go...
  11. Brihen

First time shower build.

Thanks for the replies everyone. What do you think would be the best way to deal with this drain? Cut it or attempt to unscrew it? I am thinking cut the galv pipe about 1/2 down and add a rubber coupling?
  12. Brihen

First time shower build.

Thanks. I think I will use foam, because I am thinking of getting the whole 48x48" shower kit, even though I will have to cut it down to size.
  13. Brihen

First time shower build.

Thanks. yes I planned on top quality 5/8 pw with quickset base and the Kerdi pre formed foam. I have looked at john bridges web site and will probably get his book on Kerdi. So far I have not found any plumbers out here in Portland OR. Who know about the drains, so I might have to tackle that...
  14. Brihen

First time shower build.

Do you think Kerdi or a mud pan would work best here? I would probably be ok with someone (good) putting in a pan, but they usually want to do the whole job?
  15. Brihen

First time shower build.

Not sure yet if framed or frameless. But glass door definitely.
  16. Brihen

First time shower build.

I actually did a much larger br with a tub surround that came out nicely. Its just the pan and crawl space that are a problem.
  17. Brihen

First time shower build.

I wanted to use fiberglass, but there is a wall about 9" to the right of the door, where the sink has to go. Could I still use fiberglass if the pan is not open all the way in front?
  18. Brihen

First time shower build.

Here is a few more pics. I am also wondering about removing the drain and then can I cover the area with the 2x6 and pw and cut the hole and just have a plumber take it from there?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks