Search results

1. virtualblues

145 pounds water pressure at bottom of hill

The PRV is within a yard of the house 18 feet from the meter. House pressure is consistent. Expansion tank on each water heater, yes. The pipe burst within a foot of the meter. All I know about the pipe that burst was that it was white with a brass colored coupler. It was the coupler that...
  2. virtualblues

145 pounds water pressure at bottom of hill

We live at the bottom of a huge hill. It’s uphill from here in any direction. The Certified Tester that did our Backflow Assembly Test Report last week says our supplied water is, “the highest water pressure in all the county that I've ever tested” at over 145 lbs. Learning of this high...
  3. virtualblues

Terrible water flow coming from new tub/shower set - HELP!!

BINGO - Thanks, jimbo! Thanks, jimbo - - I used a brass swivel female connection to back flush, up the copper tub spout, out the cartridge/valve hole with garden hose pressure. (I only did the hot side as I have a shut off valve at the hot water heater) Some debris came out. Not a lot...
  4. virtualblues

Terrible water flow coming from new tub/shower set - HELP!!

I replaced an old, leaking American Standard tub/shower set with a new American Standard #3275. Since the replacement, the tub/shower flow, both hot and cold, is just 1 gallon per minute. Takes FOREVER to fill the tub, 5 minutes to fill a 5-gallon bucket. When I pull the valve cartridge and let...
  5. virtualblues

Poor water pressure with new tub/shower set......HELP!

I replaced an old, leaking American Standard tub/shower set with a new American Standard #3275. Since the replacement, the tub/shower flow, both hot and cold, is just 1 gallon per minute. Takes FOREVER to fill the tub, 5 minutes to fill a 5-gallon bucket. When I pull the valve stem and let...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks