Search results

1. Rwbil

Pex-A Shutoff Valves and Kitchen Sink Piping

First Question is in regards to Angle Shutoff Valves with Pex-A piping. Over time, I have experienced the need to replace these valves as they tend to go bad. While I have been hesitant about using push-to-connect valves, I am particularly concerned about using Pex-A barb shutoff valve in case I...
  2. Rwbil

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

I am inquiring about the need to repipe a house. Initially, I was considering using Pex-A, which I have used in another home. However, I have recently come across lawsuits regarding Uponor Pex piping failures. This is disheartening since my previous research indicated that Uponor Pex-A was...
  3. Rwbil

Installing Pex Plumbing through ceiling

Re-piping a house with Pex. Using a home run system and going through the ceiling in a closet into the attic. So I cut out a square in the drywall to run all the pipes into the attic. Also insulating the pipes and the insulation comes down into the Closet just a few inches. My question is...
  4. Rwbil

Ideal Toilet Flange Height

Not sure the best option for Toilet Flange Height. Remodeling Bathroom. Had to self-Level, so either I put the toilet Flange on top of the new self-leveled concrete slab or on top of the ceramic tile (finished floor). The problem is the flange is 1/2" thick and that is the same height from...
  5. Rwbil

Bathroom Transition / Threshold Options.

Remodeling a bathroom and trying to determine the best transition option between the bathroom and the family room. Deciding between a Marble Threshold or Schulter. The bathroom door opens into the bathroom. Below is a photo showing the Ceramic Tile I will be using, a 4" Marbel Threshold, and...
  6. Rwbil

CPVC Ball Shutoff Valve Stuck

Whoever invented CPVC ball shutoff valves should be fired. Pretty much every time I need to shut one off it is stuck. Just tried to shut one off to the hot water and of course it would not turn and I ended up breaking off the ears, so had to shut the water to the house off. How does one...
  7. Rwbil

Is there a Quick Easy way to know if you CPVC joint bottomed out

Repiping a house and some joints are in tight areas. Even though I will make rough guess 1/2" or 3/4" mark on the pipe doing a lot of joints it is very time consuming to accurate mark for every joint and after doing a lot of joints you forget to mark. Some joints don't push in easy and hard to...
  8. Rwbil

Irrigation system - well water and rust removal

Looking for some advice with anyone with experience in this area. Here is my situation. My lawn is not looking to great and I am trying to figure out the best option on how to automatically water my lawn. I plan to install an irrigation system. Some basic information first. Yard is mostly...
  9. Rwbil

CPVC or PEX for re-pipe

What is the latest thinking on CPVC .vs PEX piping? I read one article that says PEX the best and the next says CPVC best and that insurance companies will not insure homes with PEX (maybe due to the old fitting leaks or thinking it is Poly pipe. I live in Florida with harsh water that puts...
  10. Rwbil

Drain Pipe Sizea and Maximum Drainage Fixture Units.

I want to add a bathroom upstairs and trying to figure out if I am within the maximum Drainage Fixture Units (DFU) allowed. I keep reading up on the subject and still confused so hoping someone can break it down for me in clear understandable terms. I currently have 3 baths and I might be...
  11. Rwbil

Shallow Well Help

I have a shallow well with a Myers Jet Pump. I have had issues with it in the past, but was always able to get it to work. The pump was here when I bought the house, so I do not have all the details about depth and etc. Here are some general facts. I am in Florida so the soil is sandy...
  12. Rwbil

ShowerHead and Body Jets Recommendations

I am building a new master bathroom, with multiple shower heads. My first question is about pressure and GPM. I wanted to know what my existing system did. I got a pressure of 50 psi with only 2 gallons / minute. I was not 100% sure how to do the GPM test. I took a 5 gallon bucket and...
  13. Rwbil

New State Water Heater Leaking

Just installed a new State Water Heater Model No. ES650S0lSG and it leaks at the cold water threaded connection that comes out of the water heater and is installed by the manufacture. Is this a manufacuture defect or can I remove that pipe and add some teflon tape and try and retighten it...
  14. Rwbil

PEX piping

I am planning to repipe my home and considering using PEX. Copper is not an option where I live. I live on a slab and I am planning on taking the PEX piping to the attic and bringing it down the walls for the fixtures. My question is looking at the PEX bending radius I can not bend it in a...
  15. Rwbil

Repiping House in Jacksonville, FL

My house has copper pipe. Normally this is the best piping, but not in Jacksonville. Something about the city water eats the pipe causing pin hole leaks. I am thinking about re-piping before my copper starts to leak. First I am trying to decide between PEX and CPVC. PEX sounds good, but CPVC...
  16. Rwbil

Bathroom Remodel

I am remodeling my MBA and am lookign for ideas. THE MBR is 19' x 13' and the MBA is about 6' x 8', but I can easily expand the bath to be 6' x 14', which seems a little narrow. I can make it wider, but it will reduce my MBR. So if I make it 7' x 14' the MBR would be reduced to be 19' x 12'...
  17. Rwbil

Shallow Well Pump Problem

I bought a house that has a Well Pump. It is in FL. It connects to 2 spigots, but more important it runs the water for a Water Cooled Heat Pump. I am very handy, but know nothing about well systems. I have a few questions. First to get the pump to run I had to prime the pump and then the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks