Search results

1. resq944

Bar Sink Rough In Layout - Which is the best option?

Perfect, thanks so much for your help it is greatly appreciated!
  2. resq944

Unless I am misreading Reach's post I think option 2 with a wye combo seems to "fit" the best and is code for both IPC and UPC (Im on IPC) its also puts the drain stub out t the lowest height (19") . Please let me know if I misunderstood though. Final would look like this: OR This...
  3. resq944

Ok got it (I think)... it would look like this? :
  4. resq944

Thanks Reach! The option you suggested (45 san-t feeding 45 ell to horizontal) Would it look like this? and if so would the 90° ell after the san-t be long or short (not vent) or either? Option4:
  5. resq944

Hello all, I am roughing in a bar sink and Im not sure which of the following layouts would be legal/correct best/preferable ... or what should be done that I didnt think of. The issue (I think) is the horizontal drain line is too high to put in a sweep 90 (horizontal to vert.) with a san-T on...
  6. resq944

Are the any PVC shower drains that can be installed from above?

Thanks HJ Do I need to seal the drain in any way or is the o-ring enough? That setup just doesn't seem very watertight. I'm still leaning toward using the schluter, for other reasons as well.
  7. resq944

Are shower VALVES restricted? IOTW do the shower and tub side flow the same rate?

I was told and I doubt this is true but on a shower/tub combo valve does the shower side of the valve flow at a lower rate then the Tub side? Or is the restriction in the shower head only? thanks C
  8. resq944

I think Im going to use a schluter shower tray and drian, they can be done no prob from above I guess. I dont see an easy way to do this and I already have a schluter shower tray that I didnt use upstairs. Oh well tile showers look nicer any way.
  9. resq944

So if I read you right, I do the follwoing 1 Estimate correct stub hight. cut stub. 2. Install drain on base 3 Lay mud 4. Put glue on drain and stub 5. Put shower receptor down. Why question is , wont the mortar bed change the height you measure for the stub. and how can I glue up...
  10. resq944

Here is my problem, I live in a condo with no access from below. I have already installed a 2" trap below the new sub floor. My question is how do I install the drain for the shower base? I can drill a hole in the sub floor and stub it out from above but then how do I cut the stub to...
  11. resq944

Newbie Question on Bath Tub Spouts

What Hj Is saying is that its probably galvanized pipe. Galvanized pipe + water+ plus brass/copper = electrolysis, and the rusting you see. Are all your pipes galvanized? Or is it only that nipple running into the wall? You have 3 options, and really only one that is a good solution. 1...
  12. resq944

Toilet Drain Vent layout. please comment

Got ya thanks terry, hows this look
  13. resq944

Toilet Drain Vent layout. please comment

Here is the final piece of the puzzle, thanks to all that have helped me Im almost done :-) I will post pics when its complete How does this toilent drain vent layout look?
  14. resq944

Proposed layout please comment, This is try #3 :-)

yes it is, and I know, this in fact is what is raining on this whole bathroom parade. thats one of the reasons this is such a difficult layout. I wish some one would have told the original "plumbers" that chopping up trusses is not a good idea. I have had to patch them (which is not ideal) in...
  15. resq944

Yet another Drain vent pattern :-) Please comment

I done with the tub and shower now on to the toilet PICS to come Thanks for all that helped
  16. resq944

Thanks Terry, I have solved the shower problem. Its all set now I have to just find a way to vent and drain the tub. I wish I could replace the 3" 90 el that woud solve a lot. But I have no access to the celing below.
  17. resq944

I done with the tub and shower now on to the toilet PICS to come Thanks for all that helped
  18. resq944

any one know wher to get this PVC fitting? And can I use it like this?

All the drains and vent but the toilet are in Im almost there:-) Thansk for all you help guys
  19. resq944

Thanks for all you help terry, So would that be a go IYHO, or rather does that conform to the IPC? Also can I roll the wye 45deg. so I can get more clearance from the floor.
  20. resq944

I got both the tub and shower done will post pics
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks