Search results

1. Devino

Melting element wire on new WH

I wanted to follow up that Westinghouse has sent a new water heater. It arrived on Wednesday and was installed that day. Everything is functioning properly and my father is very pleased. He was convinced that the warranty was void since he installed it himself and was delighted at the fast...
  2. Devino

Thanks for the replies. I have only measured current flow (240v light tester) on both elements. I can measure the voltage tomorrow. Are you suggesting a possible reduced voltage might cause the wires to overheat? Maybe the connection on the left side of the element had some resistance that...
  3. Devino

My father recently installed a Westinghouse 80 Gallon 5500w water heater. The following day when he was turning up the temperature on the thermostats he noticed plastic on the lower element and nylon on the attached wire was melted. This melting continued to get worse that morning until he...
  4. Devino

Shower Stall Light

I had the same problem with a simple light fixture in a shower stall and fixed it (going on 2 months now) with a florescent bulb. I think the problem is with the resistance in the wire connections inside the conduit box and also maybe the bulb socket. A 120v supply can drop due to resistance...
  5. Devino

Can this be real? $700 drip

I have seen vault installed bfp's before so you got me to look up some installation pdf's to learn what can and can't be done. I would hate to give out wrong info. Here is a quote from Zurn.com, "WILKINS Model 350 Double Check Valve:If installation is in a pit or vault, the Backflow Preventer...
  6. Devino

Can this be real? $700 drip

My advice is to do this yourself not only to save money but also to turn that frustrated feeling you have from all those leaks into pride for making the job right. Don't just fix the leaks but redo the whole thing and start from the vertical line seen in your second image (I assume that's your...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks