Search results

1. Keithdeanne

Shower drain sits above the base

Ok, going with everyones advice here I, cut open the ceiling from below the shower. cut out the old drain and I am ready to install the new drain. From what terry has suggested I will glue on the new base to the existing plumbing. Then slip the rubberwasher and the friction/felt washer between...
  2. Keithdeanne

I thought the same thing... and i am just the homeowner. I bought this house a few months ago. The home is 2years old and i can only assume that a plumber or the builder did this shoddy work. This bathroom is located on the second floor of the home. So i guess the ceiling from below and the...
  3. Keithdeanne

Hello all, I recently bought a two year old home, thinking I would have less problems with it than my last home that was 59years old. Well, first time I tried to use the shower in the master bathroom I noticed that the show drain sits above the shower pan by almost an 1/8th of an inch. I asked...
  4. Keithdeanne

CEFIONTECT /CeFiONtect , a customer poll and reviews

updates Well, It's been less than a year and I am currently finishing up the remodel of the main bathroom. I purchaced yet another toto "SG". The only thing I didn't get again was the toto soft close toliet seat. That thing although nice to look at, dosen't show promise to last but a year or...
  5. Keithdeanne

kitchen faucet fillers??

Thanks! Found them at my local plumbing supply store.
  6. Keithdeanne

kitchen faucet fillers??

My question is, I purchaced a new faucet that is designed for a one hole install, however my kitchen sink is a three hole configuration. I love the faucet so I would really like to keep it. Do they make fillers that would fit over the open holes left behind by the new faucet? The sink is a cast...
  7. Keithdeanne

CEFIONTECT /CeFiONtect , a customer poll and reviews

I just recently finished a new half bath and from the recomendations on this site I purchaced a toto CEFIONTECT. I have to say I love it. It's fantasic! Quiet, quick and stays clean. Now my wife wants me to install yet another toto CEFIONTECT in our other bathroom. Problem is, there isn't...
  8. Keithdeanne

Justforcopper..

I have it, I have used it. I do see both advantages and disadvantages to just for copper. advantage if you can't sweat copper than this product is a god send. Also, if you can't safely sweat a pipe i.e. a joist is too close or you can't get the heat close enough this product works great. My...
  9. Keithdeanne

Toilet install into existing 2 inch drain

the only thing you could possibly use on a 2" pipe would be a macerator toilet.
  10. Keithdeanne

bathroom idea

I though about the off center idea and that's probley what I will be doing being the toilet will be up on a platform anyways. Am I correct about the 3x3x2 "y" laying horrozontal, is this a no no? I am assuming that It would require a pitch so that waste wouldn't back up in to the vent but what...
  11. Keithdeanne

bathroom idea

The drawing is very close to what is existing in the house. This is how the house was plumbed back then in 1948.If the vent for the toilet on the main wouldn't work. What type of fitting could I use to get the required vent on the new toilet line and still be able to have the toilet flange...
  12. Keithdeanne

bathroom idea

lets try this one more time. sorry about the jibberish. computer problems. attached is a lay out for a second bathroom. My question is would the configuriation on the vent be acceptible?
  13. Keithdeanne

bathroom idea

man that didn't work at all.
  14. Keithdeanne

bathroom idea

ewould this be legal , venting wise?isting sink existing toilet Vent to outside exits house cut in a 4x4x3 wye for new toilet 4x4x2 “t†for venting cut in a 4x4x2 wye for sink new 2†vent line meets in with new vent
  15. Keithdeanne

Strange leak from washing machine

could also be the mixing valve located on the top of the washing maching tub. It's a tiny plastic peice that looks like an cone and surrounded by a rubber sheath. the sheath could be your problem. after time it drys out and cracks and then leaks causing the puddle you are noticing.
  16. Keithdeanne

Adding a second bathroom

I took better photos of the main stack yesterday and the vent pipe in my front lawn. As soon as I get them develped I will post the new photos. Hopefully some one has a good idea
  17. Keithdeanne

Adding a second bathroom

ok, I have been reading up and researching about the possiblies of adding in a second bathroom, (sink, toilet) in my basement. After reading about venting issues and exit issues I am still a bit concerned about adding the bathroom. I am hoping that someone can give me an idea what I can do to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks