Search results

1. jpatz18

New tub level, but doesnt drain water all the way

Just installed the new tub. The tub is level and im have problems in the center of the tub.Is it normal for spots to puddle in the center of the tub. I also get a puddle at the drain. Is this normal did i get a bad tub? The inside of the tub is offset heading toward the drain.
  2. jpatz18

Hydrobarrier applying

I plan on using laticrete hydro-barrier, instead of the redgard. From what I have read Laticrete is thicker. Should I apply it to all the cement board, like you would redgard? Its is for a shower/tub. I plan on using the laticrete mesh for all the corners.
  3. jpatz18

New tub, Do I Durock over lip? Is it OK to use PVC W&O drain?

Remodeling my bathroom. Mine originally had drywall in place and they covered the lip of the tub. I plan on using Durock/cement board. Do i cover the lip of the tub or do I stop right above the lip? Also Mine had a brass Waste and Overflow drain, is it OK to use a PVC trap or should I do a...
  4. jpatz18

Gravel for water treatment , where to get

Im trying to find gravel, I received my softener. I looked to find gravel and can not find it except online. Is there anything I can buy at home depot or any other place like lowes? Would Rock City 0.5-cu ft Pea Gravel or QUIKRETE 50-lb Drainage Rock be ok to use?
  5. jpatz18

Replacement Softener Help what all is needed

Heres a little background, I have an old softener not worth fixing. Im in a 2-bed-1ba-1garage. I Have very hard water. I have iron as well. Im not sure on the hardness. The free water test never tell me, just trys to sell me on the standard softener to buy. I 'm thinking about getting a 42000...
  6. jpatz18

Heres pic of my insulation. No go or go?

So i went ahead and used the r max. Here is is half finished i am using the tape to cover the cuts and wood. Would that stop me from have to put up another vapor? Here are my pics and tell me what you think. Or should i go with the pink unfaced insulation with a poly barrier?
  7. jpatz18

nesssary to tape joints on drywall?

i am replacing 4x6 section of my wall, is it nessary to tape it and add joint compound even though i am going to tile right over it? if so would i need to add all those coats. i suck at joints.
  8. jpatz18

Insulation in shower. help

I am using this stuff to insulate my shower. (r matte) "R MAX3" (http://www.rmaxinc.com/Rmatt-3%2005-07.pdf) Is that right?would i have to put up a vapor barriar? Or should i use the fiberglass insulation? Is the brown backing of the paper a barier and that would mean i would have to put...
  9. jpatz18

Could i wire this way?

Ok i want to add 2 motion lights at each end of my house (2) (after being broken into i am determined to deter it this time,) And a receptacle im going to run conduit from the *surface mounted receptacle* to the attic (ending the conduit once in the attic)then one of the motion then to the other...
  10. jpatz18

remodel bathroom. HElp on insulation. FL

I just remodel my bathroom and im on the insulation, i had unfaced insulation with a poly (vapor cover) my question is HD is telling to use (RMAX i think what its called) instead on insulation and the poly stuff. I have a concrete house and the bathroom is on the concrete wall. so my insulation...
  11. jpatz18

so here another video of my leak from under the tub with wall removed

sorry the video suck! RR said i dont have to remove the tub. That they can fix it from the wall area. But i have doubts. What do you guys think???http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaxeyjKTLTk
  12. jpatz18

Help!refernce of estimate......VIDEO!!!

So i knew that the wall had to be cut out so..... i cut it out :( heres what i got....the video please help me what do you think it will cost and what is it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hizz-7Q1jCI
  13. jpatz18

is this estimate high?Help!

My tub leaks when i drain it. It leaks only when draining and when i leaks in leaks in the wall. They gave me an estimate of 475.00 to cut the wall and to fix it. He said i needed a new waste thing... Is that high? 475.00. It was roto rooter. I live in FL
  14. jpatz18

Please help this even the professional couldnt figure it out...Have video

I have listed this anther forum but not getting any luck.....heres he video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CetfN4G8pTQ Heres what has been done....the pressure switch has been changed..the line to the pressure switch has been changed. The tank was water logged but has to drained and filled to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks