Search results

1. J

Tub and Shower Arm on one Vent

First thing, I'm not an expert and just started studying the concepts behind drains and vents for plumbing. However, I can see why you're concerned about Fig.A as the vacuum following the tub draining exists after flowing past the shower drain but before reaching the vent. It looks like Figure...
  2. J

Proposed Bathroom plumbing layout

Thank you for all the help Jeff !
  3. J

I'm thinking this could be the final version !!?? The Y fitting on the SOW would just remain there with a cap. A bit more work with the individual shower drain to the attic but it does simply and reduce work in other areas I think. Really appreciate all your feedback so far as a newbie to...
  4. J

Thanks John, Looks like I have room between the Joists so I drew up this other configuration. Here I show the Tub drain connected to the wet vent from the Sink using a Y fitting. With a trap arm length less than 6' I'm able to maintain grade using 1.5" pipe. Also, wondering if it matters much...
  5. J

GR, As per your suggestion, I found the appropriate table to reference for the shower trap and arm size. Looks good for 1.5" according to the Canadian National Plumbing Code. Thanks for explaining the issue with using a double wye.
  6. J

Thanks GReynolds. I get that he was talking about the tub and shower connection. I was just saying thanks for pointing it out and then I moved on to talking about the vent for the tub/shower connecting into the 3 inch copper stack. Sorry for the confusion. I can see how it reads and why it's...
  7. J

Jeff, thanks for the correction on the double wye ! The 3 inch stack is a copper pipe. It's going to be heavy to hold up once I cut out a section for fitting the upside down santee unless it's strapped somehow at the roof level. Wondering what your thoughts are if instead I make the vent...
  8. J

Terry Love- cancer update

Just found this forum out of a recent need. Thank you for doing all of this Terry and I wish you strength and courage thru the time ahead and pray you also feel peace and the loving embrace of our lord Jesus Christ.
  9. J

Here is the drawing to show your suggestion if I understood correctly ? If I did, I think I would rather tie into the horizontal vent (servicing the sink) in the attic, just easier for me. The trap arms for the tub and shower are both less than 3 feet away from the main stack.
  10. J

Thank you guys for the feedback so far ! Here is a version drawing without the double wye fitting on the 3" drain and a separate vent for the Tub and shower. I should clarify that the santee fittings on the 3 inch copper stack are currently installed. Done by (previous owner / plumber ?)...
  11. J

Hi Jeff, I'm pretty much stuck with the plumbing for the tub and shower in the joist bay unless I build a raised floor platform for both. Curious what you are thinking ? Below there is a finished basement bathroom. There is a water closet that ties into the main stack as well. Good question...
  12. J

Tuttles, I assumed the Tub trap venting was provided by the 3" stack going to the roof ? Would there not always be a column of air in the stack pipe ? If not true, then connecting to the wet vent portion of the sink as you suggest is definitely possible.
  13. J

Hey everyone, Hoping to get some eyes on these drawings I made (version 1 and version 2) for a bathroom layout. Do you see any issues or adjustments I need to make for this Ontario bathroom ? Cheers.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks