Search results

1. TJRAD

Grohe shower with body sprays - broken tub diverter valve?

question: I see three volume controls....I assume one for the hand spray , one for both body sprays , and one for the tub spout...what is the reason for the diverter on the tub spout? just throwing it out there...why does your tub spout have a diverter ? maybe someone couldn't find a spout with...
  2. TJRAD

Urgent help please locating this valve (?)

I agree with Jeff.... the inlet side of the water meter which I believe is the shut off valve in your picture belongs to the city and they need to be the ones to fix/replace...after the meter is your responsibility . Call your water department to tell them "you have a significant leak on their...
  3. TJRAD

I apologize for the dumb question but..

Here are the basics... If you have service stops make sure they are in the on position. If you dont have service stop then make sure both your hot and cold water is turned on in the house. If your water heater is off for some reason then the cold side will balance to that pressure of zero. Hope...
  4. TJRAD

Problem with Grohe Grohmix Thermo valve?

The Grohe thermostatic cartridge should be replaced. the part number of your cartridge is stamped on the face like my picture below. The handle interfaces with the cartridge by friction fitting over the tapered stem. When you tighten the handle screw you are forcing the handle further down the...
  5. TJRAD

Toto #MS854114SL-01 UltraMax 1-Piece 1.6 GPF no MAP score?

The Toto Ultramax II replaced the original ultramax. The new ultramax II has the tornado flush to wash the bowl and a strong evacuation. The Flush valve is the more reliable tower assembly. I would recommend the new version over the old...
  6. TJRAD

Briggs Toilet 9000-9100 Plastic Diverter Assembly Part ID Help

For the complete ballcock in brass, model 62-8... Expect to pay upper two hundred dollar range.... For what its worth... and This might be hard to accept but its time for a new toilet. The current models on the market are far superior to what you are rebuilding. Good luck
  7. TJRAD

Concentric venting tankless (natural gas)

The manufacture of your tankless heater should have a recommended horizontal termination kit. The model I posted is for a Rheem Tankless and its concentric 3x5 vent pipe. If your heater is another manufacture like bosh, tekagi or renai the vent could be different and the part number I provided...
  8. TJRAD

Toto drain valve body assembly

Toto Makes a replacement flush valve for most of the models in the new "tower style". Post a picture of your toilet for identification. This is the first step to get the right part. Standing by...
  9. TJRAD

Concentric venting tankless (natural gas)

Usually you use a horizontal concentric vent kit to terminate like this one from rheem. the vent cap goes directly on the finished wall usually 4 feet away from any window or door and 12" above ground level. Rheem RTG20231 Good Luck
  10. TJRAD

Kohler K2975KSNA Master Shower Thermostatic Valve

Your Kohler 2975-na valve is a Thermostatic valve only that requires seperate shut off valve to turn the water on and off. You can use both top and bottom outlet ports to feed your separate volume controls. So yes you can use the bottom port in addition to the top port for your installation...
  11. TJRAD

Can’t remove Grohe shower handle

This is the Grohe Arden shower trim. Here is a hyperlink to the instruction manual. If I remember correctly, the index cap unscrews. hope this helps, Good luck https://lixil.cdn.celum.cloud/24699_19311000-installation-instructions_original.pdf
  12. TJRAD

Too Many Toto UltraMax II Model #s... where do I find the differences?

The basic ultramax II is a ms604124cefg#01.....This comes with a toilet seat and gives you the option to install a bidet seat at a later time. The AT40 is the model you buy if your ready for the bidet seat now. Hope this helps...
  13. TJRAD

Convert Toto flapper flush to tower flush?

Looks like I'm unable to get a high resolution to upload.
  14. TJRAD

Need Help Identifying Grohe Shower Valve

Dvuon, remove your plate and handle and upload a picture of the valve in the wall. Grohe makes an adapter that converts older grohe trims to fit their modern 3.0 trim kits that are available today. (some trim kits come in matte black but not all) . here is a picture of the adapter and the valve...
  15. TJRAD

Grohe cartridge leaking.

Putting in a new cartridge should be pretty straight forward. Here are the logical steps for trouble shooting: The flat surface in the faucet body where the cartridge sits; -should be smooth and free of any calcium deposits or left over washer fragments from the old cartridge. -greasing the...
  16. TJRAD

Convert Toto flapper flush to tower flush?

Here is the toto tower conversion chart. just match the model number of your toto toilet to get the right tower. The tower is a good upgrade for your older totos. Good luck.
  17. TJRAD

problems with Grohe shower mixing valve

Hello The eleven, let me ask you a couple of questions. when you installed the cartridge did you calibrate it to 100 degrees? second question, does the client have a tankless water heater or standard? I will stand by for your response.
  18. TJRAD

Star Powerflush Optima

Unfortunately its not the answer you want to hear but I think you should be pairing up the sani grind pump with the toilet that it is meant to go with it. A better long term option would be to install the style of sani grind that mounts slightly below ground level. Then you can install a toilet...
  19. TJRAD

American Standard stem question

Plumb master makes a master repair kit #39696....includes all your trim for three handles and all three stems. HJ is right, once the retainer nut is removed it should pull straight out. It may take a little up and down wiggling as your pulling straight out but it will come out. Good luck.
  20. TJRAD

Need help identifying old Grohe shower faucet and valve

No big deal if that check valve is removed from the center of the half moon teflon piece. Your good to go. Glad your up and running.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks