Stenner pump is not pumping

Users who are viewing this thread

Dwassner

Reaction score
Hello,

My pump is model: E20PHG.

I recently replaced the plastic check valve that screws in at the point of injection to the main water line.

It was working after this, but no longer is.

I replaced the white rubber tube that wraps around the roller wheel.

The rollers on the wheel look like they are brand new still.

It is able to pump fluid from the chlorine tank if the line is not connect to the check valve, and if i hold my finger over the edge, it squirts, so it appears to be building pressure just fine.

I don't know what else could be wrong, since it was working fine after replacing the check valve.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them.

Dwassner

Reaction score
Yes - worked great. And then it sat for a few years.
I recently attempted to get the sysem working again.
It pumps the fluid out of the tank just fine if the line is not in the check valve...

Dwassner

Reaction score
I will try that, but I would think if its backwards, then the water from the main pipe would flow back into the chlorine tank?

Fitter30

Reaction score
My only reference with chemical feed pumps is that chlorine is a nasty chemical. Company hires out chemical companies that take care of cooling, heating closed loops and cooling towers for water cooled equipment. They supplied pumps don't seem to last years maybe one or two years. Sorry that i don't more but if the chemical goes south my problem stops at the treatment company and will work it out. Company is billed per year for so many visits and include most chemicals. All the really good treatment chemicals have been off market for 25+ years. That's why we not walking around with a tail

Fitter30

Reaction score
Yes - worked great. And then it sat for a few years.
I recently attempted to get the sysem working again.
It pumps the fluid out of the tank just fine if the line is not in the check valve...
If system pressure is higher than the pump can produce it won't go in only out or with a good check nothing is going anywhere.

Treeman

Reaction score
If I remember correct, the system pressure would have to be above 80 pounds to overcome the pump.

I would remove the entire check valve assembly and see if anything is amiss (clogging, glued shut/backwards duckbill check valve, etc.)
Valve assembly:....................................................duckbill check valve:
1715218416044.jpeg
1715218136035.jpeg

Or, maybe the gears or motor in the pump are worn or weak. Maybe it pumps with an open line, but does not with any back pressure? Observe the wheels/peristaltic tube to make sure they are turning/flexing when pumping under pressure. Make sure you installed the correct tube, not pinched, etc..

Off topic: Fitter30, from BITOG???

Last edited: