Which pvc fittings for vents?

Users who are viewing this thread

Thekid1

Reaction score
I am piping out a vent setup for 2 basement baths. I see that home depot sells long radius, regular, and short radius fittings.

1) Which of the 3 should be used?
2) When using tees for the vents, should I be using combo fittings, sanitary tees, or just regular tees?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
For vents you can use anything. That is, as long as you don't create a mid-vent low point that would trap condensation; condensation always needs to be able to drip back towards a drain.

Cheapest and simplest will likely be to use just regular quarter bends and sanitary tees, but you could use the other options if they provide an advantage. For example a vent 90 has a really tight radius, which occasionally is useful.

Cheers, Wayne

Thekid1

Reaction score
For vents you can use anything. That is, as long as you don't create a mid-vent low point that would trap condensation; condensation always needs to be able to drip back towards a drain.

Cheapest and simplest will likely be to use just regular quarter bends and sanitary tees, but you could use the other options if they provide an advantage. For example a vent 90 has a really tight radius, which occasionally is useful.

Cheers, Wayne
Thank you. I was thinking to use long radius elbows and combo tees. Am I gaining anything by doing this or am I just wasting money? I was thinking it would be less restriction when pulling/replacing air?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks