Recent content by pilot4net2

1. pilot4net2

A Few Questions for the Pros

No PVC?? :( Well that definitely throws a monkey wrench in my plans. I had planned on running pvc for the cold water and cpvc for the hot water supply lines. Now I guess I'll have to re-pipe everything that I piped with PVC that is water supply lines with CPVC. I thought for sure that pvc was...
  2. pilot4net2

A Few Questions for the Pros

The first question is this: Do you use PVC or CPVC for the hot water supply lines? I heard somewhere someone referring to the CPVC as "hot water pipe" and was wondering if I had to use CPVC or if I could use regular PVC. Next... I was at a friends house the other day and he is thinking of...
  3. pilot4net2

Another Toilet Rough-In Question

When I come out of the 3" closet flange, I will need to 90 it away as soon as it exits the subfloor. I have heard you all speak of a closet bend. I am going 3" all the way to the 4" main line. Do I have to use one of these closet bends or can I just use a regular 90 to direct the drain toward...
  4. pilot4net2

Offset Toilet Flange

There are alot of "interesting" things that we do or do not do here is rural South Louisiana. Don't be surprised by our stupidity. Thanks for your help.
  5. pilot4net2

Offset Toilet Flange

In the area where we are, we do not have to pass any kind of inspections nor follow any specific codes. When I went to the Parish (FYI; A parish is the Louisiana equivalent of a County) Municipal building to check on getting a construction permit and to get a list of the applicable codes, they...
  6. pilot4net2

Offset Toilet Flange

In the house that I am finishing for my in-laws, we have run across another little snag in the plumbing. They have an alcove built for where they want the toilet to be put in. I go to start the measuring so that I can cut the hole for the flange and realize that I am nearly directly over a...
  7. pilot4net2

Toilet Plumbing Questions

"I'm not a pro plumber, but as long as the maximum distance between the toilet (built-in trap) and the stack/vent is not exceeded for 3", it should work fine, assuming that all is sloped 1/4" per linear foot. Call your Building Inspection Department for local code on the max distance between a...
  8. pilot4net2

Dishwasher Drain rough-in

Some clarification... and more!!! What I had planned on doing was coming through the floor with the drain pipe, putting a sanitary wye on top, come off the side of the wye and reduce down to the appropriate size barb fitting for the dishwasher hose. I then would put the AAV or Studor Vent/Valve...
  9. pilot4net2

Dishwasher Drain rough-in

I am plumbing a dishwasher that will be in an island cabinet opening but the sink will not be by the dishwasher. Can I just hook the dishwasher hose to a 1 1/2" drain pipe plumbed with a sanitary wye and out of the top of the sanitary wye, install a AAV to serve the purpose of a vent? I really...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks