Recent content by nomorewell

1. nomorewell

toilet drain pitch?

jadnashua: It was a plumber who told me that excessive pitch could cause the water to flow faster than the solids, causing them to clog. Since I'm going to move the toilet slightly and replace the copper with PVC, I thought it wise to inquire about the pitch. Thanks for setting the matter...
  2. nomorewell

toilet drain pitch?

November 1963, on the day President Kennedy was shot, we were moving into our present house built in 1929. My wife wanted a lavatory on the first floor, so I made one. The 4" copper drain is 11.5 feet from where I ran it into the cast iron stack pipe with a saddle. The old toilet, bought...
  3. nomorewell

Driving well point in basement ???

I might have to abandon an outside driven well I have been using in summers for the garden, and drive a new one. This time I'm considering puting it in the basement. Water level is about six feet below the floor. Seriously, does anyone know of any adverse results, eg the house caving in...
  4. nomorewell

Driven well problem

The mystery is solved. I started pulling the pipe with my 4 ft hilift jack and some chain. Got the first section up and turned off. Then, suddenly, it began to pull more easily. Sure enough, the 3 foot point is still down there. Threads on the end, where it let go, are cut off, and the point...
  5. nomorewell

Driven well problem

speedbump: I had attached the pump, about three ft from the well, with 1.25" pvc that had a union. Thinking that might be cause for a leak, I replaced it with one piece of pvc with two fernco couplers. No luck. If it is an air leak, then it's got to be in the pipe joints, or maybe the...
  6. nomorewell

Driven well problem

Belated thanks, speedbump. After turning the pipe, and subsequently purging with a garden hose, it now doesn't pump a drop. I will make a final attempt to install a leakproof seal from the pipe to the pump, a distance of only three feet. I guess if that doesn't work, the pipe needs to be...
  7. nomorewell

Driven well problem

Three summers ago, I drove a 1.25" point down 22 feet and got a good driven well for watering the garden. I could run one oscillating sprinkler for two days straight. I use a 1/2 hp Wayne pump with a pressure tank and, in winter, I take the pump inside. Last week, I hooked everything back up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks