Recent content by MicoFish

1. MicoFish

Identify Fleck(?) filter valve and media leak issue

Yep, agreed, our well pumps to a large settling tank before hitting our booster to pressure tank to softener/filter, so it gets nice and warm in the summer. Of course this week, our water in the house has been a brisk 40-50 degrees :p
  2. MicoFish

Thanks for the recommendations and info! We'll get the water tested and figure out an appropriate rebuild. Will probably post again then to get a sanity check or second opinions. PK
  3. MicoFish

Yes, this has the removable base that threads onto the tank, so the 2500 it is. Thanks! Per a PM from someone else, it's likely that the original media wasn't birm and the drain flow rate was too high for the media. That said, when I got home this evening, I looked to double check the drain...
  4. MicoFish

I replaced the media in our water softener (Fleck 5600) and iron filter (Fleck ???) a week or so ago and cleaned the valves, injectors, etc. This was the system already installed when we bought the house. I identified the softener as a 5600 and have a replacement piston, seals and spacers, brine...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks