Recent content by Madscientistii

1. Madscientistii

HDPE (black poly) drop pipe Question

Thanks @Reach4. That info sounds good. I guess the new poly pipe is stronger at thinner walls than 40 yrs ago.
  2. Madscientistii

Ok. My reference is working from and with old pipe here. Thank you for pointing out that it is SD-I-R and not SD-1-R. With that in mind then. Will a SDIR 11.5 160PSI rated black poly be OK for a new drop pipe? or Should I use 200psi rated? My concern is it is thinner than the original...
  3. Madscientistii

Is it OK to use 1 inch SD1R 160 PSI rated black poly for a drop in well or should you use a thick wall pipe like a SDR-7 160 PSI rated pipe? the first one is whats most commonly available around me for water systems. thanks!
  4. Madscientistii

Suction on supply line and air in water (well)

Update. Pulled pump and found a 4 millimeter hole in the reducing adapter on the pump. :( The brass was thinning on one side and failed. My attempts to remove adapter successfully, failed. New pump it is. However, this problem solved only revealed more problems... I think a...
  5. Madscientistii

I don't know what the casing width was when it was a pit well, but the current casing is 6 and 5/8" OD steel. They welded the extension to be above ground. Both. I still have the exterior casing exposed down to the pitless. The splice repair was not far from there. I've been watching it...
  6. Madscientistii

Yes to pitless. No visible water around the pitless (or the casing), but there is considerable corrosion. But then again, the whole pipe has lots of corrosion. Its very very very very old. The story I hear is that it was converted from pit to pitless in 1977, beyond that date is just guessing.
  7. Madscientistii

Got it. btw, the well depth is somewhere between 78ft and 50ft depending on who you ask. If you believe the paper nailed to the rafter, then there is 39' of pipe and static water level is 20' when I measured it. so basically, i've got to pull the pump which is the only way to know, right?
  8. Madscientistii

My apologies, no schrader valve My time estimate to fill the tank was from a completely empty tank, 0 psi. From cut on pressure, it takes less than a minute to cut off. (30/50) I do not understand this statement. Wouldn't the lines be filled with water, especially after flushing the lines...
  9. Madscientistii

Thank you again for the great replies. 1) so basically, there should be no vacuum on the supply, unless the check valve at the pump has/is failing or there is no check valve at all. 2) the wx-203 (from 1988) only takes about 2 minutes, if that, to fill from empty. 3) air? coming from pump...
  10. Madscientistii

1) Yes, Submersible pump. 2) After several time trials, the average is just under a minute per gallon. (1/gpm ) draw back. 3) Is there supposed to be any drawback? I only had a 3 gallon bucket, but I think it would have kept sucking if I kept adding water. 4) How can I be sure there is a...
  11. Madscientistii

Hi Everyone, I'm diagnosing a well issue. Long story short a splice broke in the supply line from the well to house. Introduced a lots of fines over the years... (don't ask, that's the long story.) I found the broken splice and repaired it. We've been flushing the system for a couple of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks