Recent content by Kookieman69

1. Kookieman69

ferrous iron in pipes

gentlemen , I replaceing old electric water heater the supply lines that are brown from ferrous iron ,I have installed a water filtration system and need to know what I can do to flush out supply lines, i have thoght about putting something in tank before hooking up cold water supply line...
  2. Kookieman69

iron in water

i have 2.5 cu ft acid nutralizer tank fleck sxt control water clean after regeneration cycle when it sits in toilets it turns very brown ,i suspect its desolved iron , my wife and i are both 75 house has 3 bathrooms no kids house will probly be a gut or tear down when were gone , we would just...
  3. Kookieman69

Pressure switch ( follow up )

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem other than installing smaller tank or higher HP pump
  4. Kookieman69

Pressure switch ( follow up )

I installed a 2.3 cu ft acid neutralizer and started having trouble with low pressure switch ( 30/50 ) cutting off I thought I might be drawing enough extra water to kick the switch, so I replaced it with one that doesn't have low pressure cut off . I then turned on back wash and watched gauge...
  5. Kookieman69

Pressure switch cutting pump off

Trying to solve pressure switch kicking off pump when back washing. Is there a setting I can use on the acid neutralizer so it doesn't use as much water when back washing I have a 2.5 cu ft tank fleck 2510 sxt control
  6. Kookieman69

Thanks for the responces. Just to make sure I understand the solution if I replace pressure switch with one that doesn't have shut off it should solve problem and if I want shut off protection I can install the cycle sensor ?
  7. Kookieman69

My switch? I have a 30/50 switch can it be adjusted to cut off at lower rate
  8. Kookieman69

Hello, I just installed a new pressure tank and 30/50 switch for my deep well with submersible pump. I also installed a 2.5 cu ft acid neutralizer, when the acid neutralizer back flushes the pump loses pressure and cuts off. It works fine when not back flushing. Any ideas what could cause...
  9. Kookieman69

Installing tee on pressure tank

I used Teflon tape it went 180 degree passed then got some yellow gas pipe tape and wrapped it 4 times and it went 90 degree passed is 5/6 wraps to much
  10. Kookieman69

that is really helpful is this a plumbing forum or a comedy club
  11. Kookieman69

hello, when installing Tee at bottom of tank holes for switch and gauge aren't on the top, it still won't make another complete turn. anyone know any tricks to get it tight and have holes on top thanks, mike
  12. Kookieman69

Pressure tank

Hello, do pressure tanks hold a reserve of water . I was in my crawl space changing filter.i happened to Rock my tank and it seemed very light ( empty) I thought it held a certain amount of water . It is a deep well drilled 220 ft and I am getting muddy water .i thought it had built up in tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks