Recent content by Kallisti5

1. Kallisti5

Pouring well slab - temporarily omit pressure tank?

Thanks for all the feedback. This is the first well I've had so I didn't want to mess anything up too bad :-) Spoke to groundwater management, they didn't seem to care much beyond checking the permits lol. The 2x6's are buried a bit and I backfilled with that red sand to try and improve the...
  2. Kallisti5

Thanks for the tips. Nothing is ever as easy as it sounds :) Yeah, steel pipe. Those are 2x6's buried a bit in the limestone gravel/dirt. This is hill-country Texas so we really don't have a freeze line, worst case is occasionally 20's for a few days. Thanks for the heads up about giving...
  3. Kallisti5

Not sure of the pump HP, but according to the well report, the yield was 15 GPM
  4. Kallisti5

Ahh. Completely forgot about the pressure switch. Would a 220v switch hacked in place of the pressure switch work temporarily? (is the pressure switch inline with the pump? aka... do i need something that can handle 30a+) It does have a PumpSaver installed. The breaker is a good 100ft away
  5. Kallisti5

I'm getting ready to pour an 8x8 DIY slab around a deep 400ft well on a rural property (currently unprotected, plan on putting a small building around it with a removable top) I have to disconnect the well and move the pressure tank before I can start the pour. Would the well function for a...
  6. Kallisti5

New well, need to shock chlorinate

Ah. Good point on just making the gooseneck taller via a straight section. Thanks!
  7. Kallisti5

I was afraid someone was going to say that :) If I can get the vent pipe off, a tee with a screw plug on the side at the base of it feels like a good idea, i'm not sure what code is but i'd assume as long as external contaminants can't get in it should be ok.
  8. Kallisti5

Also, since the well is 400ft, and the pump/"water strata depth" is 340-395, I assume I need 0.5 gal bleach for ~50ft of water? (8" bore)
  9. Kallisti5

I purchased a properly with a newly drilled well (400ft, pump at 340ft, 8" bore) . Everything was fine at first, but after a week or so we began to get *STRONG* sulfur odors from the well water. Running the water for 20 minutes or so seems to reduce the odor. I did a well test and came up...
  10. Kallisti5

Under slab sewer line fix in progress... are they doing it right?

We had a tricky sewer line issue. I'm having a professional do it, but it seems the top of the y joint in the picture is in the foundation. The plumber is talking to his bosses to get approval to try chiseling the bottom of the foundation to gain access to the pipe. They aren't going to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks