Recent content by DOPeter

1. DOPeter

New anglestop shutoff valve leaking

Stew, are you saying that you recommend the quarter turn ball valves over the regular shutoff valves for residential applicatons (vanity sinks, etc)?
  2. DOPeter

S Trap / vanity sink drain / vent

The water supply lines are fine, as the drawers don't go all the way to the back. And yes, i should have researched the drain work earlier. I did have a licensed plumber do the rough-in plumbing for my shower. i should have asked him about the drains. I just figured that i would hook them back...
  3. DOPeter

S Trap / vanity sink drain / vent

Hi. Yet another newbie question... I am 90% done with a complete master bath renovation and was just going to hook the drain up the way it was which is with S traps. I've read to avoid the S Trap because of the possibility of siphoning and sewer gas entry. Is is critical to convert to...
  4. DOPeter

Thanks, That worked. Tightened the nut a bit and does not leak when completely open, but dribbles a little when partially open.
  5. DOPeter

Another newbie question...My brand new shutoff valve leaks when I open the valve but not when closed. Not just a drip, but more of a spray. I tried tightening the screw but no help there.... Is this fixable by tightening the packing nut and/or replacing the washer? Can I do this without turning...
  6. DOPeter

Toilet Flange Flush or 1/2" - what is better?

Thanks Fellas, I'll try looking again for the 1/4" extender. I was planning on using a waxless seal also. -Pete
  7. DOPeter

Toilet Flange Flush or 1/2" - what is better?

Greetings All! New member here... I have read several threads on toilet flange extenders and getting the correct height which seems to be 1/4" above the finished floor for the top of the flange. After tiling my floor, i added one flange extender to bring the top of the flange flush with the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks