Recent content by dieselfuelonly

1. dieselfuelonly

Replumbing double wide with (mostly) intact underbelly

I ended up cutting the underbelly right up against the metal frame rail from one end to the other. Rolled up it against the duct and tore out the parts that were already hanging loose and not doing anything. Sucks that I had to do that, but honestly there's no reasonable way I would have been...
  2. dieselfuelonly

Removing the vanity would be an option, but honestly with the time spent doing that I can just as easily lay another piece of vinyl in the floor. I cut a hole in the middle of the floor in the common bathroom next to the duct and ended up in the right spot - right above the trough of the...
  3. dieselfuelonly

I spent quite a bit of time under the house today levelling up some of the piers and took a good look at what would be involved in cutting through the underbelly/insulation and doing the plumbing from below. Since the underbelly wrap is in good shape I really hate to tear it up. I think I will...
  4. dieselfuelonly

It's a woven fabric type. Not sure exactly what it is made out of. The insulation sits on top of the underbelly material. Looks a lot like in this picture -
  5. dieselfuelonly

Hey all, I'm located in NC and have a 1989 1000sq ft double wide manufactured home that I intend on replacing the polybutylene pipe with PEX. With the exception of underneath the laundry room on one end of the home, the underbelly is mostly intact and I'd love to keep it that way. Just looking...
  6. dieselfuelonly

Pressure relief with flow restrictor valve

Yeah the dole valve is to keep the water level from dropping in the well and stirring things up. I hooked up the pump straight to the plumbing feeding the tank through the dole valve today and am going to let it run and fill up the tank. Hopefully all goes well. Pump is drawing 5.54 amps at...
  7. dieselfuelonly

Makes sense about the noisy dole valve. Guess I'll relocate it out to the well house. It is a 240v pump. Wonder why the amps are so high then? No clue on how old it is. Never had any trouble with it.
  8. dieselfuelonly

Yeah I looked up what the filters were rated for and 100PSI was the max for the cartridge filter housing. The well pump was definitely producing more than that. I guess my only option is to move the dole valve between the well pump and the filtration which I went ahead and did. I think I will...
  9. dieselfuelonly

I should have clarified, the shut off valve for the well pump is simply to close that off when I am backwashing the sediment filter using the clean water in the storage tank, it's not intended to be closed any time except for that. I agree with the two float switches - right now I just have...
  10. dieselfuelonly

So I've got my cistern set up for my low-yield well pretty much finished up, just working on the final parts of removing the old pressure switch/tank setup for the deep well pump. My system looks something like this (excuse my MS Paint skills) The well has a very low recovery rate and as the...
  11. dieselfuelonly

Sanitizing a 500 gallon storage tank

Unfortunately not really. The hatch on top doesn't really get me me enough room to move the wand around.
  12. dieselfuelonly

Sanitizing a 500 gallon storage tank

Hey all, I have a 500 gallon tank that I'm finally getting around to plumbing in as a solution to my low-yield well. It has sat inside my garage, out of the sun, for a little over two years with a couple inches of water in it. The tank itself looks fine aside from a little bit of sediment...
  13. dieselfuelonly

Well water storage and treatment, where to begin?

Thanks for the help everyone. I ordered the water test kit from SimpleWater Tap Score, we'll see how that goes. I ended up getting to that site from one of the links above. It was $104 I believe including shipping both ways. That was for just the basic "Essential" test, but it's a start. I...
  14. dieselfuelonly

Well water storage and treatment, where to begin?

Thanks for the input, I like those Square D float switches. And you make a good point about the possibility of the treatment equipment needing a certain flow rate so I'll have to look into that further down the line. Thanks, got a CSV1A from you online tonight. Hopefully it won't be too much...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks