Recent content by coachv

1. coachv

Euro toilet installation

the push tite flange recommended by reach4 may work. don't think i would necessarily need to bolt it to the concrete floor. maybe construction adhesive for that as well. what i can't tell is if it would reduce drain opening to 3" which is what i need to do i think
  2. coachv

Euro toilet installation

hj, two bolts in rear. if what you say is true, every single one of these toilets sold and installed does not have the necessary tight seal. they must use a different system than the flange around the drain. europe always seems to be about 20 years ahead of us when it comes to style and...
  3. coachv

Euro toilet installation

don't know why i need a flange. is there any reason the method i selected with the help of others will not work? if the fernco will not work in the drain pipe due to the rough interior, is there an adapter that can reduce the drain opening from a roughed up 4" diameter to a smooth 3" diameter?
  4. coachv

Euro toilet installation

sorry i haven't been here to respond due to my toddler snapping off the pin on my laptop charger. new one today and lo and behold this page pops up with new responses. first, definitely concrete, original to the 1932 home construction. withstood several blows from a sledgehammer so i thought...
  5. coachv

Euro toilet installation

jadnashua, if this handyman bails i will try your ceiling plate idea because i see no reason that won't work. have to check that it is flat enough but i think so. i want to thank everyone for all your great solutions
  6. coachv

Euro toilet installation

johnwhipple that looks like the correct and professional way. if all else fails i will do that. the guy from home depot said he will charge me $5 for the whole job if you can believe that. i've invested a whopping $5 in a metal plate and some kind of endless screw that has no head. there is...
  7. coachv

Euro toilet installation

went to the big box store and they don't carry this new york bracket nor did the hardware guy recognize it. he did offer to fabricate one in his welding "shed" which works for me. unless anyone knows what this thing is called.
  8. coachv

Euro toilet installation

jmac, does the new york bracket have another common name because an internet search is coming up with nothing?
  9. coachv

Euro toilet installation

wow. that is some great advice. i love the new york bracket idea from jmac and thr epoxy idea from jadnashua so i am thinking about combining the two. do you guys think i could epoxy the new york bracket to the floor rather than drilling through the tile and concrete? the toilet is one piece...
  10. coachv

Euro toilet installation

i have a new european style toilet (made in china) that bolts in the rear. 4" cast iron pipe with no flange. a few questions. i have read that a flange is not absolutely necessary and since my toilet bolts in the rear instead of the sides i hope that is true. i have already installed one of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks