Recent content by BobbyE

1. BobbyE

Tub Drain Misaligned to ABS Pipe

What about the oatey PVC to ABS transition glue? That’s what I planned to use. Any experience with it?
  2. BobbyE

@Tuttles Revenge @Terry Fully connected..you guys rock! Now just have to run and grab some 1 1/2 ABS
  3. BobbyE

@Tuttles Revenge @Terry Like this? And ignore the piece of pvc in there. Just for fitment.
  4. BobbyE

@Tuttles Revenge see pic below. This is what I was talking about originally when I made the post, the offset is minor but preventing me from lining up
  5. BobbyE

@Tuttles Revenge will this angle cause any issues with draining and still function like a p trap? The thought behind the tailpipe section is so I can easily remove it for cleaning if needed. Without it and only one nut, I don’t see how it could be serviced. Let me know your thoughts! You might...
  6. BobbyE

I just installed a Kohler Archer in my Bath remodel. When installing the drain pipe on the tub prior to setting it in place I thought I had it installed straight. Once in place, from the basement you can see it is slightly misaligned from being perfectly vertical to the existing drain pipe, the...
  7. BobbyE

Kohler Archer Ledger Needed?

I’m installing a Kohler Archer this week, instructions do not mention the need for a Ledger. Only a mortar bed. For those who have installed this tub, did you use a ledger?
  8. BobbyE

Hardibacker under bathtub?

I will be remodeling my master bath soon and I will be putting down 1/4" Hardibacker on top of the subfloor to lay the tile on. Since the tub will be replaced, should I lay the Hardibacker under the tub as well? This was the mortar bed wont be directly on the plywood subfloor? Any issues with...
  9. BobbyE

Kohler Archer Drain PVC or Brass?

Thanks guys, I will go with the PVC version!
  10. BobbyE

Kohler Archer Drain PVC or Brass?

I just ordered a Kohler Archer Tub for my bathroom remodel. I see they offer the drain assembly in both PVC and Brass, obviously the PVC is cheaper. What do you guys prefer? The difference in price is not a concern to me if the brass is superior. I do have access to the drain from the basement...
  11. BobbyE

Tub/Shower Faucet and Valve Recommendations

I am accumulating parts for my master bath remodel. I need to replace the tub/shower faucet and valve assembly. From what I read Delta seems to have a slight edge over Moen throughout this forum? Can you guys recommend a setup that is durable and going to last. Thanks for the help!
  12. BobbyE

Leak at Plastic Barb Fitting to Poly Line *pic inside*

@Reach4 got it all done. Went smoothly. Used blue monster tape and Tru Blu sealant on the barb threads. Heated the poly slightly with my heat gun, and the barb went it nice and firmly. Got both clamps tightened while it was still warm. The shark bite slip joint also worked great. Here are some...
  13. BobbyE

it was definitely in there, but I was able to get it out with just a bit of movement and pulling. I will likely use a heat gun to slightly soften the poly for the new barb.
  14. BobbyE

I got the old elbow out and given the condition I am just going to replace it. I was able to get the barb out of the poly pipe as well pretty easily. And I do plan to use both tape and dope on the new one. Yes it is 3/4" Copper.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks