Recent content by Bill Sinclair

1. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Skyjumper, Slope is nominal, it's very flat here. I'm banking on most of the ground water being diverted through the 60 year old perimeter french drain. Although I believe at least part of it is decrepit. That's a project for another day. I believe what I'll do is still use the perf pipe to...
  2. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Skyjumper, I get what you are saying but isn't that going to make a big mud puddle in the yard every 3 days.
  3. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

5 Now I'm concerned, but not about the backwash drain. The fellow who put my well in told me the well pipe From the well to the house was 18" to 20" deep and based on where it penetrates the basement wall I'm inclined to believe it. He said that's the average depth he buries the well pipes in...
  4. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Bannerman, did I lose you?
  5. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Bannerman, Thank you for all of your advise and especially this last in depth answer. Just for the record I intend to have the filter backwash as often as is needed/recommended. It is just that the house is vacant and the only water use is occasionally when I'm there working. Also, while it may...
  6. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Not sure what is meant by the iron filter is not going to work as hoped. Please explain. As far it's filtering, it is working splendidly. The water is clear and odor free and tastes good. As for the drain, my original plan was to place it only below the frost line. and if a drywell was needed...
  7. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Thanks for your feed back. I do not have an installed sum pump. I understand there was an outside perimeter French drain installed when the house was built 60 years ago but I'm pretty certain this is long ago collapsed ( and also not in my current budget to dig up and replace ) Given a choice...
  8. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Bannerman, I'm not sure what the media is. It is a Pro+Aqua Pro-well-1E whole house well water filter. SEE IT HERE https://proaquawater.com/products/pro-well-1e-whole-house-well-water-filtration-system. I don't have the health dept report with me so I can't say what the true percentage of iron...
  9. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

I'm not sure of the GPM. Where can I find that? I've looked in the manual and do not see it. Is there somewhere I can look or will I need to run the discharge into a bucket with a stopwatch? I'm still a little hazy on how to run this line into an air gap and into a 2-in pipe with a trap and out...
  10. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

The discharge from the filter is appx. 4 feet from the floor. The bottom of the joists above is only just over 6 feet. The exit in the basement wall will be roughly 40" from the floor. This is roughly 8" below the discharge fitting. Can you recommend a practical way to insert some manner of...
  11. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Hi, I just installed an Iron filter that backwashes every 2 weeks. ( up to 100 gallons ea ) My well tank and filter are in the basement. I'm also on a brand new septic system. I do not believe I should flush all the backwash through the septic system. I will be installing a French drain and if...
  12. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter backwash

Hi, I just installed an Iron filter that backwashes every 2 weeks. ( up to 100 gallons ea ) My well tank and filter are in the basement. I'm also on a brand new septic system. I do not believe I should flush all the backwash through the septic system. I will be installing a French drain and if...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks