Help with "misterious" faucet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikey111

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm a having a little dilema with an old sink faucet, the one shown in the pictures further down. I'm not sure if it was an American Standard faucet, since the logo and/or brand have been erased by time (usage and cleaning). It was originally installed in 1979. There's rust coming out and staining the sink. I would like to change the faucet. The stains do come off the sink, that isn't a problem.

Also, the faucet seems to be 3" in diameter for the single hole, quite unsual for what I've seen around. I haven't removed the faucet as to measure it exactly (I'm afraid I will break the faucet if I do it, being so rusted) but from the lower side, inside the sink's cabinet, it looks like a 3" diameter or very close to it. And it's also got a peculiar angular shape, which helps compensating for the sink's slanted border.

All of this makes the selection of a new faucet difficult. These are my specific questions:

1. Is there an equal replacement to the faucet to be found anywhere? (I haven't found anything online)

2. If there isn't an equal replacement, is there any other faucet that will both fit the 3" hole and give an appropiate water sprayer angle? If there isn't any faucet that can fit the hole size, is there any ring-type or similar adaptor that can be used to make it fit?

Can anyone help me? Thank you all your very much,
Mike.

100_2413_2.jpg

100_2414_2.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

That was about the end of the era when some sinks and faucets were being made as a packaged combination. Few of them can be replaced with a common faucet, and since the manufacturers have either gone out of business, or given up on still stocking parts for them, you best option is probably going to be to replace the sink.

Mikey111

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! Apparently the sink and faucet were made by two different factories, but they were bought to match.

This was a chosen as the standard installation for all bathrooms in a new condo. I will try look for someone who still keeps the same faucet and whose brand is still readable, maybe I can get some information out of it.

It's a pity you can't find faucets with this desing in the market nowdays, I find it to be such a nice and compact design...

Thanks again,
Mike.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks